Hey Bruce-

that is a very nice looking custom port for the 60mm and z22! The other end of the z22 where you screw in the wet diopter is very narrow...does that block the view of the 60mm at all? Maybe not since Peter has the strobe pushed back pretty far on the custom port.

Anyway, I hope Peter is in the mood to make a few more!!!

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Mike

Sorry Mike,

Didn't think to take the measurements of where the lens finishes inside the port. From what I have seen, the lens jack's right out nearly to the glass and the Z-22 goes right back near the glass. Very impressive snug fit. I have had no problems with any loss of view from the set-up. I will take measurements if you want me to?

Bruce

post-1921-1171973808_thumb.jpg

Hey Bruce-

No, I dont need the measurements.....thanks.

I emailed Peter yesterday...hope he replies with a "yes".

Where are your pictures posted?

M.

Yes, the flash inside the UK-Germany unit is a MR-14EX.

post-5528-1172318258_thumb.jpg

We just completed a trip to the andamans and this unit was used pretty heavily.

I will write a review (with pics) in a couple of weeks when I get back home.

Please send me a PM with any specific details you might like covered in the review.

Please send me a PM with any specific details you might like covered in the review.

Mark: The questions I have are about how well the e-ttl worked if it did and how hard was it to handle the housing as it seems quite bulky from the pic.

Bill

Mark: The questions I have are about how well the e-ttl worked if it did and how hard was it to handle the housing as it seems quite bulky from the pic.

Bill

TTL seemed to work well. after all it is using original Canon electronics.

While the unit seems bulky when added to the housing the whole rig is only slightly negative. Easy to handle UW...

Hey Michael,

Did Peter get in touch with you?

He has just got back from South Africa and the tiger Shark action.

Geez, I hope that he has still got all his fingers; I've got a job for him... ;)

Bruce

Hi Bruce -

No, Peter has not contacted me.... I'll drop him another email... I dont have any marco trips coming up so no worries on the port. When you get the SandS iTTL working let me know!

M.

The two (or more) little strobes are mounted at a ring holder fixed around a Makro port they are mounted on little arms ( 3 cm ) so you are able to turn up and down to get a flexible lighting .......

Love to see some photos of your set up.

I'm thinking that we might have off the shelf components that would work for a two Nano strobe set up using a dual port bracket made for LED44 focus lights. You'd need to have another hardwired strobe as an optical trigger though. I guess you could double them up... Might have to give this a try.

Jack

Sponsors

Advertisements