Sign in to follow this  
walshwn

New to the site and New to UW Photography

These are just a few of the images I have in my collection. Keep in mind they were shot with a handheld compact camera...I am waiting to see how I do in the UW Photo world before I spend $$$$$$ to outfit my Nikon D100......Let me know what you think! Thanks!

post-5270-1129605328_thumb.jpg

post-5270-1129605347_thumb.jpg

post-5270-1129605361_thumb.jpg

;) WOW! I din't realize I shrunk the images that small. The originals are all 7MB and higher. Sorry! I will work on my computer skills. Spend too much time in third world countries....

Welcome to Wetpixel Walshwn.

Not too bad. Only advise is to try to get some blue water in the shots. Not allways possible will all subjects, but when you can it really improves things.

As far as making the pictures bigger. You need to make the images about 600 pixels wide and then use higher compression to get them small enough files.

Avoid shooting down at the critter. If you can at least get to it's eye level. Shooting up a little ususal gives the best composition.

Thanks! Great advice but for the first two and with many of the shots i have in my files, they are night dives! I am still very new to shooting at night (LOVE night diving though) and I am trying figure out how to stay stable with minimal light to focus on the subject. I know its my small ass camera I am shooting with right now, but thats why we keep diving and shooting....Blueskies and Bluewaters!

Hello walshwn, welcome! ;) You have really nice pictures at your slideshow, better than the ones you have linked here. I enjoyed Green sea turtles, a picture called "Teamwork" and the beautiful blue at the first picture with the diver.

The photos you've posted here are not bad, but maybe you have to try shooting closer to the subject (the moray eel ) and not down to the animal.

I think that using this camera could be a good solution to practise until you feel really comfortable with a camera while diving. I spent 2 years shooting with a Bonica Multisnapper before purchasing the camera I'm using now.

Regards :)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements