jdaley

Web Gallery

After many years of procrastination I have finally launched my first web gallery.

www.cayos.net

These pictures are not from any specific trip or time, they are just a collection of images I have taken over the years.

I look forward to all your comments, especially about the photography.

Best Regards,

James

lovely collection of artistic photos, thanks for sharing them

You have a very complete collection, full of beautiful images, congratulations!

The ones I like the best: southern stingray, cowfish, grouper eye and rock beauty at fishes gallery; feather duster worms, bristle worm, shrimp anemone at macro gallery; pillar coral, christ abys, wa_crinoid at reef gallery; great white 4, great white 5, great white 8, firs grey shark and the picture with 2 grey sharks.

Wreck pics are very good too, I liked the propeller and # dsc6598 the most. I enjoyed B&W and topside as well.

Good job, regards and welcome to Wetpixel :)

Beautiful shots, especially the ones in the fish gallery.

Very very nice! I like the smudged white shark images. How did you do that? Very "artsy."

Cheers

James

Thank you all for you generous comments, I am truly happy enjoyed the pictures. As a quiet member ofthis board for a few years I have come to admire the everyones work and respect many of the opinions.

James, the "smudge" effect comes from appling noise ninja at the end of the workflow. I was just something I was playing with. After staring at a few hundred great white pictures you start looking for ways to make them interesting and stand out. I am very glad you like the effect.

James

Honestly I really like the first macro shot, and I love the way you made the usually boring corals interesting by shooting straight up. That is what photography is all about....taking a subject and creating your own spin on composition. If I ever divorce my wife (or vice versa) , I will have to do my own web work. What software did you use to build your site? It's easy to use and very clean looking.

Joe

Joe,

The overall site editor I used was Macromedia Dreamweaver. The galleries were made using a freeware component called Simpleviewer 1.7. It is a very customizable and has a very elegant presentation. Setup is very easy and if you use picasa you can render a complete gallery in just a few minutes.

James

Well done! Both the site and pics are great.

Sponsors

Advertisements