echeng

How did you find Wetpixel?

How did you find Wetpixel? Please, post your story too!  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find Wetpixel? Please, post your story too!

• Google
    • Other search engine
    • Digideep
    • echeng.com
    • Link from other site
    • Link from other forum
    • Word of mouth
    • Magazine
    • Photography workshop

OK, I found Wetpixel through a google search about 2 years ago after a very unsuccessful first outing with a Tetra 5050...

Dec 2001, I was shooting a CP995 and found Wetpixel thru a discussion on Rodales board.

Gerb

I found Wetpixel when looking for advice on replacing my flooded camera :D I received great advice and since then I have mainly lurked and learned :lol: One day I hope to have pictures worth sharing [i do keep working on it!]

Libby

I found wetpixel as a result to a web search on cuttlefish. One of the hits took me to the thread started by Al Nelson regarding the pictures he took of what he thought were cuttlefish. Turns out they were Caribbean Reef Squid.

My husband and I went snorkeling off the coast of Montserrat in May 2004. We came face-to-face with a line of what we thought were cuttlefish. My husband had been snorkeling before, but this was my virgin voyage. Despite the initial panic I felt from being so close to something unknown, I managed to stay relatively calm. After all, we had already swum with the barracuda! =)

The squid stayed in a single line formation, facing us, and behaved the same way Al described. They didn't swim away, and they let us get about six inches from them. Looking at Al's pictures gave us goosebumps. It made me think "Wow! We really were there! We really did do this!" (Did I mention it was the first trip to the Caribbean for both of us?)

Why Montserrat? I found the website for Montserrat by accident while searching for something else back in 2000. At that time, it had been about 2 years since the eruption of their volcano. This was what attracted me to the island. My husband being from England, he knew much more about it than I did, since Montserrat is a British-owned colony. Last year, I finally convinced him to go and we had the best time of our lives! We absolutely can't wait to go back! And next time, I'll make sure I get some underwater pictures. We plan to get our SCUBA licenses there next visit, too. From what I've read here, that will open up a whole new world of opportunities for us.

I'll be checking back here for tips and tricks to making my underwater photographic experiences successful.

Michele

I was looking at sportdiver.com then someone mentioned this place as a great place to see about a digital uw camera. I have just read for 2 nights straight. Great site.

Welcome to WP murkeycoldwaters - what is your name and where are you from?

I found Wetpixel while searching the web for info on DSLR Housings. I believe It was the Google search engine that led me to this site. I am still learning how to use this site, as I have only benn here a couple days.

Hi, this is an interesting thread and a long story :lol: - Nice to look back...

I was introducted to Wetpixel by Uwe Kiehl from UK-Germany. Mutating into a heavy user trying to get started with a Coolpix 990 underwater just as James and Eric at that time. Answered the same question many times in Wetpixel's forum "Is there a housing for..." -> Raised DIGIDEEP.com together with Lars. Told Eric... Partnered up with Wetpixel for crosslinking and other small co-ops. DIGIDEEP.com rocketed up traffic-wise and took over my life. Not much time to post here - ever since (unfortunately).

Sponsors

Advertisements