Sign in to follow this  
echeng

Wetpixel.com/DivePhotoGuide.com Photo Competition

wetpixeldivephotoguide.jpgowu.jpg

Wetpixel.com and DivePhotoGuide.com have teamed up to celebrate the beauty and delicacy of the marine environment by developing the first instance of a new, annual, international underwater photography competition. For this inaugural event, only digital entries will be accepted.

Photographers will compete in six categories to win more than $25,000 in prizes, including premium dive travel, underwater photography equipment, and more! Dive packages in the prize list include trips to some of the top photo destinations in the world: the Solomon Islands, Lembeh Strait, Raja Ampat, Komodo, the Galapagos Islands, Papua New Guinea, Palau, and the Bahamas! Other prizes include HID lighting systems, camera housings, and other valuable items (see complete prize list below). 15% of entry proceeds will be donated to marine conservation efforts.

Winners will be announced on stage at the 2006 Our World-Underwater festival in Chicago, Illinois (February 24-26, 2006). Continue reading for details and submission guidelines.

Full contest details here: http://wetpixel.com/contest/

By the way, current list of judges include myself, Alex Mustard, and Stephen Frink.

Excellent so alex can't enter !

slightly better chance ;)

You missed the point Giles. He tells us who the judges are so we know who to send the bribe money to....

Ahem ... there's no beers here flr Alex when he comes back at Christmas. No I won't leave a present for Frinky at SunsetHouse when he's next back ... and I am certainly not going to buy Eric a Devil Wetsuit to go with his Hoody.

No No No ... those things won't happen.

;);) nudge nudge lol ... there are some serious nice prizes in there especially in my mind when I dont get off my rock very often ! Need to get in the water and figure some nice piccies out.

One thing i can't find in the rules, and i did finally look at them...

Are previously published or award winning images eligible?

Images that have won/placed in previous contests are not to be entered. Previously published is ok.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements