Poliwog

Spelling Checker

Hi:

Is there any way of adding a spelling checker to the posting page?

I find composing the post in a wordprocessor and then doing a cut and paste to be a little cumbersome ;) . Being able to zap the spelling mistake in post text window would be so much easier and quicker. B)

Thanks,

Poliwog

Thanks Acroparas for the plugin suggestion, it works like a dream.

Herb, if I ever get around to installing Firefox again, I will definitely install the spellbound.sourceforge.net/ spelling checker.

I wrote a small program that like the iespell add a button to the IE.

My app open the MS Word speller so it can work with any language that your Word supported, very useful for the local forums that I'm reading.

The problem with these types of downloads is that you have to register and then end up getting a shit load of spam email as a result. :lol:

The problem with these types of downloads is that you have to register and then end up getting a shit load of spam email as a result. :lol:

I have a hotmail account especially for that! :D

You can add spell checking to most common web browsers. Here's one for firefox

http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

I've just installed the version for Windows, it works great, but I can't install the version for Mac on my laptop :lol: . Apparently there is some problem on the server and I can't download or install it!

I've just installed the version for Windows, it works great, but I can't install the version for Mac on my laptop  :lol: . Apparently there is some problem on the server and I can't download or install it!

Spell checking is built into Apple's Safari 2.0. It can be found under the Edit menu.

I'm using it to check this post in fact.

-Brad

The spell checker bulit into Tiger (Mac) works with just about any program. Just go to the edit Menu. As noted Safari has a spell checker that is much improved in 2.0

I don't have Tiger, my OSX is 10.3.9, and I don't want to spend $100 to upgrade my OS, since I will have to buy a new powerbook next year anyways. The version of Safari in my OS doesn't have a spell checker, and I prefer Firefox anyways. :lol:

I installed it, the download is working now! :lol:

Sponsors

Advertisements