Sign in to follow this  
NWDiver

My Nikon 105macro finally died

This lens was on the camera when it flooded :lol: . It worked for a couple of months but now it won't auto focus and I'm getting the dreaded blinking f--. Given we have a couple of big trips coming up it is time to plunk down $ for a new lens. Have D100, Aquatica, is there any other lens I should be looking at for Macro? Have the 60mm.

Thanks...

Get another 105, it is my favourite lens for macro. Don't forget to list it in your flood insurance policy.

Luiz

105 it is, nothing better...

Before you toss it, you might want to get a tech to look at it. It may be as simple as some corrosion on a contact.

Glazer's was nice enough to look at it and could not get it to work. The effects of the flood caught up with it. At this point I should just buy stock in B&H.

Before digital DX lens there were the 60mm and 105mm.

Both Nikkor Micro lens.

Now we have dSRL. Those lens turned to ~100mm and 160mm.

Do you think there will be a new Nikkor Micro 60mm DX 2.8 ?

Do you think there will be a new  Nikkor Micro 60mm DX 2.8 ?

I don't think so Carlos, the 60 already works great on all Nikon dSLRs, so I don't see any reason for Nikon to produce another one. I would really like to see an AFS 105 micro, but I don't think that's gonna happen either.

Luiz

If the optics are clean and the mechanism is working then I would recommend that you get this lens repaired. It may only need the flexible circuit board replaced, which is a fairly minor job on this lens. I'd be glad to recommend a Nikon Service Center in your area.

Thanks for the help. Had the shop that originally got it working look at it and they felt the salt creep was beyond repair. At this point we have trips to PNG, South Africa, Fiji, Costa Rica and Thailand scheduled (little braging) and it's not worth the risk of having it go out.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements