Sign in to follow this  
ornate_wrasse

D70s - Which lens to buy first?

Great to know that Ikelite will offer extension rings. This will allow Ikelite users to save a lot of space.

About the other things, I am not that familiar with the Canon system, but as far as I know, you can do manual focus on the 100mm Canon in any housing (I am sure you can with the Subal), and not only on the Ikelite. Also, extension rings are *a lot* smaller than ports. My flat port with the extension ring attached is the same size as a port for the 105, and that's how I travel with it. So, there is no way that a port for the 60 plus a port for the 105 is the same size as a single port for the 105.

The larger space saving is not with the flat ports, but with the domes. I travel with one 6'' wide dome that can be used with several lenses depending on which extension ring I use behind it.

Thats some great news Ike, Only thing is now you're going to make me spend a lot more money after the first of the year <_<

Oh well, I think for one thing it will be woth it

got to remember to proof read these things be for posting :(

Stephen

We will offer extension ring port system after first of year, but cost is about the same for flat ports.  Present system allows us to do tricks like manual focus on 100mm Canon macro for example.  Try that on other housings.  An extension ring is about the same size as a port, so fill second port with socks when traveling.

I have to agree with Rocha on this one.

I shoot the Canon 20D and the 100mm in the Aquatica Housing and can get MF anytime I attach a focus gear. The 100mm being USM allows FTMF with a focus gear when the lens is in AF mode. The extention ring I use for the 100mm with the Aquatica port is about 1 inch thick. I am not sure of the measurements on the Ikelite ports but I think the extention rings would be smaller.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements