acroporas

Dive computer goes bonkers.

He he.  They do in Asia.  Try sending yours to Hong Kong...  This being said, the models I was referring to are the older Aladins.  Maybe they've changed their battery metering system in newer models, as battery capacities seem to decrease much faster than on older models...

Just had a third dive computer die on me over last weekend. The battery still indicated 75%, and it worked fine during the 2 dives I did. When I tried to download the profiles on my PC, it just wouldn't power on. Getting it checked or repaired costs half the price of a new one. What @$$ luck!

After similar failure by my Suunto Stinger i've decided that there will always be another computer on my second hand.

now I'm diving with Sunto digital and vytec in gauge mode and in my drysut pocket have analog 14 yrs old depth gauge :)

It is not bad to know the Ratio Deco/Minimum Deco too :)

Always dive 2 computers so if you have a failure all is not lost. Best if they use the same algorithim so you're comparing similar data. My computers are different so I keep the most conservative one happy. Going hoseless several years ago was one of my best equipment upgrades. The console was usually in the way & it was inconvenient checking the pressure gauge. Now everything is right in front of me with one computer on my wrist & the other on the housing handle. Camera hasn't been bent yet :)

Sponsors

Advertisements