jcclink

Trips with Deb Fugitt

Anyone been on liveaboard trips with Deb Fugitt? Experiences & commemts?

I believe you will find there was an exchange of words between some people in the dive travel forum sometime ago. Deb and Tony also read this forum as well so you may wish to take this to a private level.

I just came back from a 12 night trip on board Ondina with Deb. It was a great trip and I have no complaints at all apart from Irian Jaya is a long way from everywhere.....

I haev done three trips with Deb (St. Vincent in 2003 and Raja Ampat in 2004 and 2005 (just got back in last night)) and have been extremely pleased with everything.

Deb is currrently in Bali on her way back from this year's Raja Ampat trips. Feel free to contact me off line (just send me a wetpixel PM) with any specific questions you might have.

Mike

I've been on two of Deb's trips - one to St. Vincent and one the past few weeks with her in Raja Ampat. I organize charters myself, and the reason I've gone with her (and expect to again in the future) is that she simply constructs and runs outstanding uw photo trips. She goes out of her way to think of every detail, and directs the dive operators she uses so as to maximize photo opportunities for her groups. For example, I saw far more critters in St. Vincent in a week with her than I did in more than two weeks on a private charter I did in that area with my own group. Likewise, I had far more and better phtoto opp's in Raja Ampat on this trip last week than on a charter of the same length there that I organized earlier this year. I realize that this makes it sound like the trips I organize are crappy, :( and that's really not the case; it's just that Deb's trips are really a cut above.

BTW, Deb is not only a great organizer, she has a great photographic eye and is an extremely accomplished uw photographer in her own right. Unless you are a troublemaker who doesn't play well with others :) (in which case Deb reserves the right to send you home), I wholeheartedly recommend her trips. You'll get more than your money's worth.

I'm not taking (nor expressing) a view one way or the other, but shouldn't this thread be moved to the commercial sub-forum?

Frogfish

I don't see why, it's not like Deb Fuggit is posting on this thread. This is just folks answering a question about a particular trip organizer.

s.

I meant because this discussion has been about one particular (commercial) operation, rather than a destination, but I take your point.

Deb Fugitt didn't originate this thread, nor has she participated in it (being away), and while some of the posts are clearly endorsements, I guess none could or should be considered as advertising.

Coincidentally, Deb was apparently on the same flight from Bali to Hong Kong that I was on last week, so I'd guess that by now she should be back in the US.

Frogfish

I echo the commments of Bruce and Mike above. I was on the same trip as them and thought it was GREAT. She will not kowtow to troublemakers and prima donas, which YOU will appreciate, if you have ever been on a trip with one, unless of course, you are one.

Hal

Joe, you bet, she is red hot. And since we live together, it's immaterial what anyone else thinks.

Joe, I knew that, but all of it is still true.

CHEERS.

TonyM

Ha Joe! Busted!!!! But it did make me laugh i will give you that...

Sponsors

Advertisements