mt110121

cuts in premiere pro 1.5

HI,

I just edited my film from my last trip (Aruba) and I showed it to a pro Editer he told me that I use Jumpcuts which is very fast. He showed me how to do smoother cuts in Premiere 6.5 Does anyone here know how to do smoother cuts in

premiere 1.5

Thanks,

Mohammad Tavakoli

Have you tried just using a simple dissolve? That usually works pretty well is smooth and clean.

Don't overdo transitions too much though, a good way to get smooth cuts is by organizing your clips to fit together well, if a critter is moving to the right on the first clip then start the next clip with something coming from the right as well.

salaam mohammad

The idea of editing is for the story to flow. If you jump from a whaleshark to say a blenny then to a tiger shark and then a shrimp, there's very little flow. Think of left/right entries and exits. When you watch a movie, you notice that a character walks in from the left of the screen and then if the next cut is him either entering from the left from another angle. picking up an apple, and then there's a shot of the hand picking up the apple and then it cuts back to the shot of him eating the apple. That's called master shot and intercuts. Play with that formula and you should have an idea of editing with a flow.

Salaamon alaikom scubadru,

Thanks for your help but what you said was about a film that has a story what I did was just put the good shots next to each other ( Sometimes with Transitions ) with music.

Thanks,

Mohammad Tavakoli

Sponsors

Advertisements