Sign in to follow this  
Lionfish43

Who says the Fuji S2 can't produce nice blues

I've been told that several times. My comeback is that it does a great job of reproducing the colors that were present. Of course a little PS help and nice clear water doesn't hurt either. This shot is with the Fuji S2, Sigma 15mm FE, available light and a CC30R filter gel. The image is slightly cropped with a little Hue adjustment.

ts1.jpg

I don't know

I used it for over a year in my landscape work, no problems other than a couple of WB issues in vastly different natural lighting conditions. Nothing that PS couldn't tweak, (I ONLY shoot RAW). UW, this has been my camera of choice. Can't afford the housing for my D2X just yet .

Nice blues!

If you set the WB on the belly of the shark - it would get rid of the cyan cast - although if the CC30R wasn't a strong enough filter the blue water would tend to grey/brown.

Alex

I find some of the blues on the upper part of the picture a little too violet. Especially the upper left corner. Anyway, it´s a great picture I would love to have in my collection!

The reddish/violet hue in the upper left is from the CC30R filter. That filter is probably a little strong for this situation. I can hardly wait to try the Magic Filter. I tried white balancing as Alex suggested when I first processed the image but the result was dreadful. I ended up WBing off the darker grey of the sharks body and that was probably the best compromise.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements