Borset

D200 Housing

Ikelite and Hugyfot are already announcing that they are preparing housing for the new Nikon D200

Seacam and Subal both said the same to me in Antibes last month.

I don't think many housing manufacturers will ignore the D200.

Alex

Ditto that. Seacam should have a housing for the D200 before spring. They're already working on it...

So is Sealux, pricing for the housing with normal viewfinder about 2300,- Euro. :) Spook to them last Saterday.

I talked to Subal last week, pricing will be about 3000,- Euro with normal viewfinder :(

Rob

Add Aquatica to this group. available ASAP :) cost ALAP (as low as possible) :(

Cheers

I think it's safe to say that all the major housing manufacturers will have a housing for the Nikon D200. The exception :) may be Light & Motion, even though I've said PLEASE!

Here's hoping the next post will be from Dan with a surprise announcement! :(

I've also heard on the grape vine that Nexus will be looking at the D200. A hybrid of the D100 housing was the comment. If thats the case, then it shouldnt be too long.

:)

Has anybody heard anything from Sea & Sea about a D200 housing?

Since I own a Sea and Sea housing for my N90s, I was interested in learning if they would be making a housing for the D200. When I called two weeks ago, I was advised that they were unsure, pending ungoing discussions at corporate headquarters.

Well it looks like my pleading and begging may pay off. :( The un-official rumor department (that's me) says that Light & Motion will build a housing for the Nikon D200 after all. It will use the same ports and more importantly conversion rings as the Titan D100. This means that ports from Aquatica, Sea & Sea & Subal will work with this housing. It will of course retain the ROC strobe control system which allows the use of your existing TTL based strobes, in a 12 step manually controlled mode.

I will believe that when I see it. L&M promised me a D70 housing.

Hal

I will believe that when I see it.  L&M promised me a D70 housing.

Hal

I understand what you're saying, I was disappointed too. The D200 has not started shipping so they don't have a camera to start the design process. So no one knows for certain if this camera is a good fit with the L&M Titan design. Unlike the D70, the features of the D200, specifically a vertical grip option so they can reverse engineer the external electronic controls, makes the potential for a Titan D200 look good. L&M also plans to use as much from the design of the Titan D100 as possible, hoping for less of a burden on their R&D department and a quicker time to market. Like the Titan D100, the D200 housing will be machined aluminum.

So, I remain optimistic!

Hope so. If they make it I'll get in line to buy it.

If not, I guess I need to start looking in to a new housing system. If L&M passes on the D200 I think we can safely assume that they're passing on the DSLR market for good. I'll truly miss the ROC strobe control system.

From what I have hear will Nexus have one on Spring 2006

There are a few quirks I don't like on my Titan housing, but I'd get the D200 version because I like the ROC so much. I hope their electronics are the same...I have a whole back up set.....Dave, keep prodding L&M.

Joe

Aquatica will have D200 housing ready early '06 with a very attractive price.

It will be based on the very successful D70 / 20D model that have proven very popular for its compact

size and easy to access buttons. The AD200 will also feature some of the new ideas incorporated into the New D2X like removable saddle

and spring loaded internal contact point that have made the AD2x the success that it has been.

For previous Aquatica housing users all current ports, extenions and gears work flawlessly with the new D200.

Look out for progress reports on this most anticipated housing.

If you are interested in getting on, contact your Aquatica dealer who are already taking pre-order.

Mauricio Handler

Sponsors

Advertisements