I'm selling my current printer to buy a Epson printer.

I want to have more paper and profiles options

R1800? R2400?

What's the strong argument for the 1800 or for the 2400?

What's the 1800 better for? What's the strong suit of the 2400?

Any of those two better at using ink?

Both can use paper in roll?

Thanks

Hugo

I was wondering the same thing. I can't decide between the two. Anyone out there have experience with these? Anyone?

I haven't had experience with these printers, but on the Epson Singapore website, they are not listed in the same category, the 2400 being listed in the "Professional Graphics" category. The performance appears similar, but the latter uses their latest K3 ink, which is reportedly better and longer-lasting. Also, the ink cartidge combinations, with the 2400 using 3 intensities of black for smoother gray renditions...

I have an R800; the smaller version of the 1800. Also a 2200; the predecessor of the 2400. The 800 is optimize for glossy prints. Does a very good job. The 2200 ( and 2400) are great for black and white. I print a lot with it on Epson premium luster paper. (a very good non glossy paper.)

Would probably buy an Epson 4800 over the 4000, since the 4000 is an old model. And I hear there is a 4800 successor coming along soon. The larger carriage printers do well with RIPS (I don't have one, but I've seen them used effectively) because Epson allows drivers access to nozzles when you get up to printers as large as the 4000 series...

You will not be disappointed with the R2400......I just got one and the print quality is amazing.....ink prices are the only bummer

Karl

This may be OBE, but I have the R1800 and so far have been very happy with results...prints fast, quiet, and true...when shopping I kept hearing the 2400 was optimized for B&W, the R1800 for glossy color (most of my printing.) Also one of the prints accidentally took a water spill...gloss optimizer is like a plastic coat, no smearing or signs of water damage. I do have to clean the print head occasionally.

I think the emphases on the B&W on the 2400 is because the 2200 had some issues with it. Imho that doesnt mean the 2400 isnt good on color, quite the contrary. I get amazing color prints from my 2400 on both glossy and matte paper.

I wouldnt be surprised if they're both very good printers and you cant go wrong with either.

Cor

Sponsors

Advertisements