Sign in to follow this  
freediver

Is Film still viable for a pro???

It was interesting reading over this old thread. Yes, in the digital world a few months makes it old!

My Hasselbald outfit has long gone. I advertised my underwater film Nikon cameras/housings in the UK at silly prices but got no offers. I have made the full transition to digital photography - and suddenly I find myself getting photography commissions that have nothing to do with the diving world.

I used the old Fuji S2 Pros (with many old Nikon lenses) mainly because I couldn't be asked to extract the bigger pixel-count Nikons from their housings - got wonderful results, and all the clients are ecstatic!

Before you know it, I'll be moving to Amlych! (sp?).

Before you know it, I'll be moving to Amlych! (sp?).

Whoa, steady on John. There is some quality wreck diving to be done out of Amlych (believe it or not) but moving there? Still I imagine the locals would enjoy the sport of a classy-looking English southener moving in. Especially one that's had the jobs that you had.

Mind you, I thought I'd never see the day when you typed the phrase

I have made the full transition to digital photography..

So maybe the Anglesey Estate Agents should be expecting a call? Maybe we should get a permanent space reserved for you on Terry and Elfin's boat.

Cheers,

Tim

I was conceived in Amlych! My family moved there during the later part of WW2 after moving from London to Coventry to avoid the bombing!

(I was trying to smoke out Paul with this post but he's not biting)!

wow Tim.. classy looking English southener....

That one smoked me out....

:)

www.hasselbladusa.com/news/hasselblad-launches-world's-first-48mm-full-frame-dslr-camera-system.aspx

39mp camera.

I guess that means film is dead!

www.hasselbladusa.com/news/hasselblad-launches-world's-first-48mm-full-frame-dslr-camera-system.aspx

39mp camera.

I guess that means film is dead!

That's a camera for kids, John :)

This 160 megapixel monster is the real thing :D

http://www.roundshot.ch/xml_1/internet/de/...8/d925/f934.cfm

Now, to find a housing for it...

Edited by mattdiver

OK I'm smoked out, but would that be Amlwch I wonder, on the costa del North Anglesey, known for its wind rain and silt, I wonder?( Well it was the other day when Elfyn was trying to con us into thinking there was a force 9 imminent - what rubbish it was a mere force 8 and perfectly divable). So Welsh by birth then John?

As for these new, film replacing cameras, you have to consider two things - flooding would REALLY hurt, and storage as they produce SERIOUSLY big files - perhaps someone can come up with a RAID array inside a Pelicase for travel requirements!!!

I was only conceived there. I didn't learn to spell there!

I doubt Chris Newbert has switched over to dig and most consider him a pro. So I feel the answer is still a yes for some but not most.. Mark

This is an interesting thread, that I missed on my first pass through the site.

[This post is to push it back to the top of the list]

This 160 megapixel monster is the real thing

http://www.roundshot.ch/xml_1/internet/de/...8/d925/f934.cfm

Now, to find a housing for it...

I saw the Seitz 6x17 Digital Thursday at the PhotoPlus Expo; and I was not impressed.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements