I spotted on the DPReview forums this report on the D200 AF from French Magazine Chasseur D'Images. AF is one of the few aspects of performance that you can judge from the spec sheet. This bodes well for UW shooting where subjects tend to be in low light and of low contrast.

"In use, the new AF module is simply amazing in focusing in low light and subjects with low contrast. With the multicam Nikon is a miles ahead of the competition. The only camera which performs better at extremes is the...D2. The D200 is very fast and the AF very accurate."

Obviously this is just gossip. But I know people are interested in this

Alex

Great!! 've been waiting for this info for weeks now!!

AF is, for me, the most important feature that I like to see in new cameras.

If it is true, I hope it is, it will be my new baby :-)

Just wait and see , it will be interesting to see how the Nikon D200 AF focus performs side by side with the master, the D2X

Lambis

:D

I mainly dive in the UK, so low light is a 'standard' situation for me to be in. I have orderd my D200 + 10.5mm. I'm on the Nexus waiting list too! I eagerly await to fondle it's curves, caress its command dials and generally put family and friends second whilst I get my nikon 'fix'!

Meanwhile i'll find contentment in my box brownie in Subal housing, painted brown to emulate bakerlite plastic of yester year.

Oooh we do love gossip Alex - bring it on!

And Johnny Boy - you make me laugh! :D:P;)

Alex, you are a bad person! :D

I am working on my self for weeks: you do not need this new camera, you cannot afford to replace your D70, D70 is great, who need new camera...

Then you came with such a gossip? I will send you talk directly with my bank manager and worst of that; my beloved wife :P

Sponsors

Advertisements