Sign in to follow this  
Alex_Mustard

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Hi all,

Awesome photos!

Here's my favourite for the year, b/c mom and babe swam straight over to check me out.

Canon 1D MkII, Subal housing, 15 mm fisheye

Cheers,

Tony

post-3350-1134046833_thumb.jpg

I'll chip in:

post-4904-1134046872_thumb.jpg

Swimming Rhinopias

Not the nicest shot, but probably one I won't have a chance to witness or shoot again any time soon.

Umm, Matt...."Not the nicest shot"....bite me!! :huh:

I agree some really awesome stuff. So much so I cheated and changed my contribution!

Alex

Alls i's gots to say is.....CHEATER!!!!!

post-5618-1134049637_thumb.jpg

This is my favorite pic from my trip to the Galapagos islands in Sept/05. It was my first experience with underwater photography using a borrowed Canon A40 (only 2.0 MP)and the corresponding Canon housing I stumbled onto in a dive shop. I found this string because I want to do some more wet shooting.

I got it, thanks-that's what I did the first time, I didn't realize the photo needed to be photoshoped down to size.

Thanks

This is my favorite this year (so far). From my first trip to Indonesia:

squat_lobster2.jpg

The limitation to 3-4 colors is what makes it most appealing to me.

-Brad

Like the man said, lots of truly amazing pics in this thread!

As for me, no tropical trips this year - well no tropical diving trips, that is. So, I have to make do with what I get. Here's my favourite.

Kungshamn, Sweden. Nikon F70s, Sigma 15mm, Hugyfot housing, DS-125 and DS-50 on iTTL, 1/500s, f11

2005-09-07_0123_vertical_crop.jpg

I suppose I have to cut down working and try and get a life...

timo

Mikes Jimenezs & Tonys Whales Photos is one off my favorites.

Intresting to see that most off the photographers have a creature portrait as favorite shot.

What I am missing is more creative WA angles photos. I have not grat WA untill now but maybe some have it.

Lambis

all the shots are incredible, but tony woo whales incredible!!!! :huh::huh:

It's very difficult for me personally to choose a favorite or 'best' shot (and there are some I don't want to release yet :huh: )...but I really enjoy the 'pop-art' look this one turned out with, even though the background is a little hot...

_MG_3788.jpg

People (non-divers) seem surpised when I tell them it's from just off the California coast.

Canon 20D, 100mm

Santa Rosa Island, Channel Islands

~Matt Segal

My favourite of the year.

It was the first time I had encountered "Hippocampus denise" . - thanks Max & Ricardo.

One of a series I put onto canvas this year - not the sharpest but it works very nicely as an art print.

I always find myself drawn back to the texture of the shot.

Peter

post-2339-1134086207_thumb.jpg

Great shots...guess I will be brave enough to post my first one...this was my favorite shot of the year...although maybe not the best. It was shot at Ship Rock off Catalina Island, California.

You can see it here:

little fish big kelp

Happy holidays all

Libby

all of these pictures are truly amazing and inspiring to a newbie like me. i hope i have something worthy to show you all next year.

happy holidays, and keep up the fantastic work.

matt

This is mine, mainly because of the subject rather than the photo and also it is one of the few shots I have ever planned (i.e. gone into the water with a specific goal in mind and acheived waht was in my minds eye)

matedragonnet1860.jpg

Here's mine from the Revelligegodos Islands last month:

71284299_1ebaff5e5a.jpg

Jack

My favourite this year is this moustache dressed nudi from Marsa Alam.

The "personality" of the nudi is what drags me back to this picture over and over again.

Bighorn_nembrotha_3.jpg

I keep coming back to this one. I like the action and the fact that the spots is from a whale shark. And everytime I look on it I am thinking of the 51 other whale sharks we saw in only four days. It is by the way taken in Donsol in the Philippines. You are not allowed to scuba dive there, but only skin dive - and no flash - no touch and a distance of 3 meters (which nobody has told the whale sharks!)

Nikon D100, 17-35 mm, 1/10, F8post-1440-1134177575_thumb.jpg

All of them truly spectacular. The close up of that tiger shark gave me the willies just looking at it! I'm not sure how you get a shot like that....I'd be making a mess of the water :huh:

The close up of that tiger shark gave me the willies just looking at it!

Likewise.

Worse, I've trying to delete the image of the great white shark on page 1 from my brain so that I can once again dive comfortably in Monterey California!

There's nothing like having something brush against your leg while doing a long surface swim in water where great whites have been spotted.

-Brad

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements