Sign in to follow this  
Alex_Mustard

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Here's mine from the Red Sea in June - it's actually 4 Autostiched into a single image but since its Xmas maybe that will be OKpost-1396-1134216545_thumb.jpg

While this is definitely not my most beautiful, artistic, or esthetically pleasing photo of the year, as a father, it is definitely my favorite. After all, how many of us have a tiger shark and our 12 year old son in the same frame.

crw_4508a.jpg

First of all, awesome thread Alex! Thanks for starting it. There is some beautiful stuff here. I am also enjoying the many different motivations being given for favourite photo, not just technical execution but time and place and memory.

This is my favourite of 2005. It is from a trip to Port Hardy this fall. Although I am Canadian, I had never done any cold water diving. The pictures posted from Port Hardy in the past had always amazed me with their colour and variety. This photo is also from my first trip with the DSLR, and my first encounter with a wolf eel. It was magical.

PH40.jpg

Here's one I like because of the optical illusion - baby crocodile fish hiding in the sand. Congratulations all, there are some wonderful images here!

post-4692-1134238639_thumb.jpg

"That's one small leap for a Spanish Shawl, one giant leap for nudibranchkind."

Backside of Anacapa Island, Channel Islands National Park, Ventura, CA, D70 in an Ikelite housing, dual SB-105 strobes, 28-105 lens at 105.

Spanish_Shawl_leap.jpg

Hi Leon,

If your image is already somewhere on the web, click on "Add Reply" and the look for the little button that says IMG Click it and put the URL of the image into the pop-up field.

If your image isn't on the web already, go down to where it says "add attachment" and follow the directions. Attachments must be under 60K

Cheers

James

Ok, my first appearance on wetpixel.com, hope I can hold the high standards with this one more or less.. :D

Taken at Elphinstone Reef, Red Sea, two weeks ago.

post-5640-1134314024_thumb.jpg

Ted I thought your picture was of Elli skydiving from the thumbnail. the bubbles look like clouds.

HI ALL,

Heres my favourite Iv'e not got many, so I hope you like it!!

:D:D:):D Andy :D:D:rolleyes::D

post-3941-1134326942_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I know this is cheating a bit. But as I do video I haven't had time or a chance to perfect my photo skills. :D

This is two of my favourite shots stuck together. Its my first clone attempt with elements 2 and I'm happy with it. So it's kind of my best one so far. <_< Taken at a cold quarry, U.K. "Framed pike through a tugboat hatch"..

post-5159-1134326318_thumb.jpg

This is really difficult but I do like this one although, like Alex, I may change my mind.

72515033_787d922a76.jpg

It was also one of the most difficult as I was suffering with my sinuses at the time and took these with some pain in my head. Was a fab 3 week break in Manado as well.

Great shots everyone. Here's my 2005 favorite, I followed this guy around for nearly 20 minutes, he had his head in and out of holes in the reef and I couldn't see his whole body until he finally came up for air.post-1522-1134358476_thumb.jpg

Excellent Thread Alex!

These are absolutely beautiful photographs! I'm not worthy! :D

I have a favorite but, its not in this league! Will hopefully have something to contribute for 2006!

Great Photos! INSPIRATION :)

first.jpg

This is my favourite because it was the first photo taken underwater this year with my Canon D60 recently housed in a Sea and Sea Housing and was so very exciting for me after waiting 3 years (or is it only 2, feels like 3) to actually get it housed, finally finding a NEW housing for it after all this time. It also features Alex's world reknowned international supermodel which was a perk more than anything. Wow I made this thread twice !

Giles I can see why that is your favourite. If there were mirrors underwater you'd never come up! :D

See you in just over a week, buddy.

Alex

A great thread and excellent photos! Here is my contribution, taken in Palau.

Canon 350D, Ikelite, DS125s, 10 - 22mm

Best-of-2005.jpg

Alex...since you started this...I had a slim year underwater...

Does it have to be shot underwater?

All the best, James

Alex...since you started this...I had a slim year underwater...

Yeah, same here.

The only decent thing I shot UW this year was for an article in get lost! magazine which is already in the media section.

All the rest is topside. How about if it was shot at the beach... does that count?

Not very original these days but my favorite anyway. Majestic Predator - Guadalupe, October 05'

guadalupe_100.jpg

Lots of really impressive stuff here from very talented shooters. Here's my favorite of 2005, shot in Andaman Sea off Burma in January, a few weeks after the tsunami. I particularly like the colors.

post-1665-1134442789_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements