Sign in to follow this  
Alex_Mustard

Your ONE best shot of 2005

Nice shots everyone. Here is one of my favorite topside shots of 2005. This was taken during Santa Ana wind conditions early in the morning during a low, huge red sun. I went to the Huntington Beach pier at 5 a.m. before work one day and waited for the sun to rise so I could get pier shots with good early morning lighting. Behind me stands an Edison generating station. The sun rose right behind the plant, creating wicked lighting. It actually reminds me of a scene from Batman :(

And yes, I cheated because I already posted an underwater pic. But, like Craig, I am sometimes out of the water for extended periods of time. So I spend some of my day looking for unique shooting scenes. I have a few very cool pier sunset shots, but this one for some reason looks unique. I haven't seen another red dawn like this since.

Enjoy.

Joe

post-1513-1136045108_thumb.jpg

Alright so i'm cheating here somewhat since I already posted a pic and it's topside.

But I got a new camera (Canon A610) and have been taking some great photos with it, anyway I'd just like to share it with you guys :( B) .

Enjoy.

It's my favorite because I experimented with a lot of settings on the camera and different compositions to get a shallow depth of field.

Certainly felt a great sense of accomplishment after seeing how it turned out!

IMG_0292.jpg

And a great teacher too Jam!!!

Lots of great photos still coming out..

Great thread, lets keep er going folks

Hmmm and I wonder who that teacher is....,

hint hint - Is a big fan of Crown Royal and is prone to altruistic gestures :(:blink:.

Great photo Jam. Mike, if I knew you liked CR I would have brought you a bottle. Next time. Jam your photos keep getting better and better. The ones today on SB were great!

Dennis.

One of my favorites from 2005post-1734-1136165396_thumb.jpg

post-4803-1136170925_thumb.jpgStill running the favorite shot of 2005?

Heres mine, Grey Reef Shark, To'au, D70 12-24mm, Ds125.

Its a shame we got in the water a little too late, it would have been nice to witness them eating the rest of the MahiMahi. :(

I rather like this one. Big clownfish keeping an eye on likkle clownfish

Taken in Fiji in November.

049.JPG

But I also like this one too.

046.JPG

Go on, you decide! :)

This is my best shot of 2005,

Taken in MALINBEG harbour Co.Donegal - Southern Ireland.

I had only been taking u/water photos for approx 2 months.

th_P6120079.jpg

Title of photo : LIFE IS A BITCH..

I have a new favourite (taken 29 december 2005 in Puerto Galera).

post-1507-1136811113_thumb.jpg

Hi Jim, personally the second one is my favourite - beautiful lighting and lots of depth to it. I happened to read in another of your postings that you heading to Antibes this year.. I thought that you told me at the dive show that you were looking after you liver... isnt that a contradiction in terms :(

This is my favourite anemone fishy from 2005...

post-4483-1136838130_thumb.jpg

Hi Jane, welcome to Wetpixel. Great shot! It's da** hard to get an E. quadricolor to look red in a photo.

Cheers

James

Hi Jim, .. I thought that you told me at the dive show that you were looking after you liver...

Who Jim?!?! :(:D;):):P

Thanks James.. but one thing that is now bugging me is that recently the art director at work pointed out that my anemone fish, and in fact pretty much all anemone fish that he is sent for publication have a definate blue tinge on the bits of the fish that should be white?!?! I've since looked through my images and he is right they do have a blue tinge.. is there something that I can do about this or is it just another blond moment <_<

Hi Jane,

That's because the digital camera sensor is sensitive to that kind of light, whilst film just ignores it. I think the white patch on the clownfish responds to UV light which is emitted by our strobes.

Cheers

James

Jane, most Orange fin anemone fish have a blue tinge naturally, you need to send your art director diving... :(

Check out Jims first shot

Hi Jane,

That's because the digital camera sensor is sensitive to that kind of light, whilst film just ignores it.  I think the white patch on the clownfish responds to UV light which is emitted by our strobes.

Cheers

James

And you need to dive in the Indo Pacific a little more! :(:D

Don't worry Mike, I've seen plenty of clownfish of all types. I've even bred them! :-)

Cheers

James

I've even bred them! :-)

Cheers

James

Perv!! :(:D

Ooo, i am feeling sarcastic this morning!

Who Jim?!?!  :)  :rolleyes:  :)  :lol:  :P

g040.gif It lasted for about 3 days and then I ummm, well, sort of started getting headaches and nausea, and wasn't sleeping properly. So I had to start drinking heavily again. c020.gif

I'm much better now! :o

This is really an amazing thread full of excellent stuff.

Maybe not my best image of 2005, but it’s my favourite as I love Picasso triggers and never got one close enough before.

2005.jpg

Julian

Julian what a great fish portrait and a Picasso in the same time my favorite fish...

Great colors details contrast and background...

I wish i could make this kind off Photos...

Lambis

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements