betti154

Ikelite Housing * Control Problem

I have a 350D Ikelite housing, and it all works and functions well except for that the * control on the housing does not full depress the * button on the camera. The control contacts the button, but does not full depress it and as such the * button is not usable in the housing.

I wondered if anyone had a similar experience and/or a solution, or otherwise I will contact the company who I bought it from.

thanks, damien

put a stainless steel washer or an oring under the rubber pad to give it a slightly longer reach.

Jack

Hmm. I have that same housing and I can't even figure out how that could happen. Can you describe the problem in more detail? Is your control not lining up properly with that button? On my housing that control rotates in a complete circle so as long as the control lines up with the button you can press it as far as you like. Also, has it been that way since you bought the housing or is this a new development? If it's new it might come from pressing it too hard so as to bend the control. Either way, if the control is bent I might recommend sending the housing in (or at least having them send you a new metal lever to attach yourself).

thanks for the suggestions.

The control that hits the * button is as lanierb describes, however the tip with the shaft that rotates around and contacts the * buttons seems too long, and hits the camera body before it can fully depress the button.

I guess I will send it and the camera back to the store that I bought it from, though I don't really want to be without both for an extended period, particularly if that send it back to Ikelite from Australia.

Make sure the rubber tip is snug...maybe a gentle tweak on the rod alignment will do it

Karl

Betti154,

I can mail you a different style rubber tip with a larger head diameter which will probably take care of the problem.

If possible, photograph the problem area and send me a jpeg image, and your mailing address at brett@ikelite.com.

This should be a simple fix.

thanks, guys.

I will source another camera (as I've only one) and send Brettt a photo as it seems the simplest way to resolve the issue.

Damien

Sponsors

Advertisements