Rob Esaw

Sony HC90

Great News!

Santa Claus is giving my wife an HC90 DV cam for Christmas!

Now, what sort of housings are available for my, ehem... wife's new camcorder??

Digideep's site didn't list many options, but I thought this was a popular camera?

Now, what sort of housings are available for my, ehem... wife's new camcorder??

Electronics: USVH PC housing, Light & Motion - probably a Stingray III?, Ocean Images in a Dolphin Pro? - if they don't have anything better. Top Dawg II, which is a cost reduced L&M Stingray.

Mechanical: Ikelite 6038.19, Equinox Pro-pak 6, any of the generic tube housings by Atmo-seal, Aquatix etc.

Some of these are guesses, ymmv.

In my humble opiniion.

The www.topdawgvideo.com.au llink is a great place to start - - it won;t break the bank and will give you fundamental control over key features deemed essential by those who supposedly know.

End of the day you can upgrade your camera in this system more than others - for minimum cost in changeover. Spend a few of your own dollars' and develop an opinion of your own - based on experience not conjecture, thats our job.

Never met an unhappy TOPDAWG owner. You be the judge,

i have a SONY MPK-DVF7 and it is prettty nice...it is made for the HC90

Hey thanks I didn't see that on the Canadian site. I found a Sony UK site but it doesn't say much about the product. Are there compatible lighting systems for this housing? It looks like it has a built-in lcd.

Do you know any sites with details on this housing?

It does in fact have a built in COLOR LCD. The quality is OUTSTANDING. just about any lighting config will work as it has a (removable) dovetail mount on both handles. I use my UK light cannons, this is a VERY solid housing down to 249' and compatible for a wide varity of Sony cams.

Sponsors

Advertisements