clarkedje

Best Housing for the D70

I have a nikon D70 DSLR and have been considering getting an underwater housing for it for a while now. Can Anyone give me an idea on which housing would be the best?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

There is no such thing 'the best', however there is the housing that best fit yours needs and budget.

The D70 is one of the cameras with a lot of housing possibilities, run a search here (especially on the DSLR forum) with the words D70 & housing and you’ll find a lot of information on this issue.

FAST REPLY: My NEXUS D70s :-)

Serious a small and well build aluhousing with a great choice off ports and domes...

The button are on the right place.. very easy to operate under water

and I am almost sure that this is the smallest housing that is existing for the d70s.. smaller that Hugyfoot or Subal..

you are living in the UK right?

take a look att:

http://www.oceanoptics.co.uk/nexusd70.html

http://www.marinecamera.com/nexus_d70s.html

Then off cource if you have the money threre are the big ones like Seacam but I think that they to great housings for the D2X and canon D1s

Aquatica make great housings as well and they have some good domes but I have never used one..

lambis

Good example for what I wrote earlier, Lambis think that the Nexus is the best because it’s well fit his needs as free diver - a small housing. To me however is not, since its cost twice then my Ikelite housing and I can't afford it (Actually I can but I want this money for purchase more lens and strobes).

How true Arnon, again :-)

Everybody have his priorities... and off cource if I was fulltime scuba diver my choice may be different..

maybe Clark can write more about his needs..

Lambis

HI THERE,

I totally agree with Arnon, have alook at as many housings as you

can and get a feel as to that they are like in the hand & how the

controls fit your,e fingers. the problem you will have is their may

be to many to pick from within your,e budget. It took me a long time

to choose as I also looked at the veiw finder as well as the D70 does not have the biggest. This may also have a bearing on your,e choice.

GOOD LUCK & ENJOY.

Andy :ph34r: :):wacko::o

Sponsors

Advertisements