Blazephotographic

where to buy what to buy

I am looking to upgrade from 300d to 20d and would like to get into underwater photography in a bigger way, currently using a reefmaster.

I hate the fact that i can get a 20D for £750 but the cheapest housing i can find is the ikelite coming in at £985 without the port.

has anyone managed to grab a bargain and be willing to share the info.

would be greatley appreciated.

Hi Blaze,

From your prices in pounds I figure you are in the UK. Unfortunately all our sponsors are in the US, if you want contacts of UW photo companies in the UK I suggest you take a look at the ads on Underwater Photography Magazine (which is UK based). It is a free electronic magazine, available at:

http://www.uwpmag.com/

Luiz

Welcome aboard! Yeah, isn't it a shock when you find the housing costs more than the camera. As you have probably discovered through web searches, the words cheap and underwater housing are seldom in the same sentence.

Have you had a look at the Classifieds? They sometimes have some good deals.

I have always found Oceanoptics in (the Aldwych) London very helpful - and they carry a broad range of stuff; and there is Cameras Underwater (Northumberland Ave) who, interestingly, have just moved into the premises in London that Oceanoptics have just vacated. Neither are cheap but both know their stuff and that is worth something - especially when you are starting out.

Good luck with it!

Usually I finds that the prices are much better in the states even with the shipping cost so I prefer to buy there most of the times.

Even better is to be sent by the work to places around the world, till now they didn't sent me to a really good places for diving but at list I was in the stated few times in the last couple years.

Btw: did you know that all the connection flights for fligths that comes from the east side of the Atlantics are passing through B&H? :)

HI Blaze,

It,s a funny thing with these camera housings, I think we would all love

a bargin but these are very few & far between. What you have got is a

very very good camera & their is a hell of alot of engineering in to getting

all of the functions working through the housing so you can take amazing

images. We all know the cost & its thousands & thousands of pounds but

you will find that all of the housings are very well made & will last a long

long time. I would just say have a good look around & have a good play

before you buy as they are not all the same in the hand.

This may sound a bit down but we have all had to take the plunge but

onece you have the cost won,t seem that bad.

Andy :ph34r: :) :ph34r: :)

thanks for the replys guys, purchase of the 20D is a definate however im still indesisive about the housing, it looks like theres only two real choices with ikelite being the most cost effective. ill just have to do more land photography to make up the money. its a good tax right off though :)

Sponsors

Advertisements