like2dive2

Hello From Key Largo !

post-5723-1135439179_thumb.jpgHi All,

Let me introduce myself. Mike Salcito from Key Largo FL. I am 50, and addicted to Diving & new to UW Photography . (started in Sept.2005). Have a Nikonos V - 15mm, 20mm lenses and dual 105 strobes. I dive a lot so I have at least 35 photo dives under my belt.

I have a Nikon d200 on Order (should be here shortly) But who knows how long before a housing is available. I found this site surfing the web, and I am very excited with what I see here.

I would like to meet you friendly people and hopefully pick your brains a bit, and gain some of the knowledge you have acquired. I will be Digital as soon as I can buy a housing for the D200.

We dive year round here in the Keys, would love to find a friend (a knowledgeable photographer - Male or Female) to do a trade with. I will take you Diving for free 23' boat with air for your help in teaching me your knowledge of Digital UW Photography. I have a passion for Wrecks, Here in Key Largo we have 7 very nice wrecks to dive. The Spiegel Grove of course being the granddaddy of them all . ( I have over 30 dives on the Grove) We also have nice reefs to explore.

Well this looks like a great place to meet nice people who share my passion for the Sea, Diving, & UW Photo's

Regards,

Mike Salcito

Laz dives the area and might be able to help you or point you in the right direction.

Hi Mike, I higly recommend that you stop by Stephen Frink's shop in Key Largo. It is in the US-1, you can't miss it. Steve is a member that contributes a lot here and a great photographer. It is inspiring to look at his large fine prints at his shop (and buy some if you can!). For a full address look here:

http://www.stephenfrink.com/

Luiz

Welcome Mike, great to have you on here.

Can't help you with diving in the Keys but you will certainly learn a lot by surfing through previous posts here and looking at all the great photos. As Rocha mentioned, Steve is there in the keys and does a photo seminar every year. There are also several other members here who do the same. Mauricio comes to mind...

Have a safe holiday season

Mr. Frink is probably out of the equation because he will likely charge you. And I am sure he ain't cheap. But who knows...he is one of the best!

Joe

Hi Mike.....good to see you on Wetpixel :):)

One of our sponsors.....Reef Photo aka Ryan Canon is now located in Fort Lauderdale.....very knowledgable dealer fairly close to you.....a good contact for you

Karl

Mike -

Greetings - I live in Hollywood, FL and I am a marine biologist at an Oceanographic center up here. I speacialize in sharks and rays. I have just upgraded to a Canon 20D in an Aquatica housing. I don't claim to be an "expert" but my job allows me to get out to some great places and see lots of cool things underwater. I am always looking for another excuse to make the short trip down to the keys and dive. I have been working on the photography quite seriously and may be able to give some pointers but better yet I know quite a bit about reef ecology and this helps a ton in pre-dive preparation and visualization of the shot. I know where on reefs most animals are most likely to be encountered etc. and would be able to go over some basic biology and ecology with you if you would like...

cheers!

- MP

Sponsors

Advertisements