Sign in to follow this  
MikeVeitch

Mr Kasey Canton

Just got my latest Fathoms yesterday and BLAMMO!

Big article on Frederiksted Pier by our own Kasey Canton!!!

Congrats Kasey, outstanding article in the best magazine out there

Congrats Kasey! Post the pics when you can!

Luiz

Congratulations Kasey.

I have never seen a copy of Fathoms. Is it really as good as you say Mike?

Alex

Better, i think Brett Gilliams rambling editorials are the most entertaining out there bar none!!

you can look at most back copies at

www.fathomspub.com

Thanks guys! I'm reslly excited to work with Fathoms. I've just completed a full feature on diving the far northern regions of the GBR. Amazing diving down there! Alex - contact kath@fathoms.com for a subscription. Fathoms really is a special publicattion - much more meaty artcles than the mainstream. An Englishman might truly appreciate....

Kasey, great spread.

My copy arrived yesterday. You photos are a cut above the standard with those pics. The blennie shot with the red negative space really jumps. Keep up the good work.

Rand

Hey Kasey!

Looking forward to seeing the GBR article. Considering there was only 6 or 7 minutes on that whole trip when your head was not either in the viewfinder or the Mac, I'll bet the pics and text are something special :-)

Sure enjoyed meeting and diving with you. I hope you still have that Fathoms sign up list, I haven't heard anything yet.

Please say hello to T for me.

Cheers,

Mike

PS I would have PM'd but your box is full or something

Kasey,

Just got my copy with the GBR article... looks great, from Koalas to Cuttlefish!

Quick question ... your ISO (thanks for sharing, Kasey and Fathoms -- a bit of exif in a photo essay is lovely!) is all over the map. Why the surface shots at ISO 400 & 1/125th (aerial view) and then ISO 100 at 0.4s (fig)? ...and all ISO 100 UW...???? You obviously know more than I do (the shots show that), so looking for enlightement.

Congrats!

Chris

I shoot at the lowest ISO possible that will capture the image I envision. 98% of my UW is at 100. Occasionally I'll shoot at higher ISOs when shooting deep, or natural light. The rafting shots were at higher ISOs to make up for the rapid movements, the aerial was shot crammed into a small plane - needed fast shutter speeds.

The strangling fig was shot on a tripod - I think the only shot in the story shot on a tripod.

Congratulations Kasey,

Still trying to track down a copy of Fathoms, if it's anything like your calendar It'll be great. Hope to see you in the VI booth next dema.

Doug

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements