segal3

French Polynesia 2005 Gallery

_MG_0763_01w.jpg

I had the opportunity to take a cruise with my family through French Polynesia, with landings in the Society Islands, the Tuamotus, and the Marquesas.

I only had the chance to make five dives, and in every one, the divemaster believed that everyone would see more by swimming faster...needless to say, this made photography difficult. In addition, prior to every dive, either the ship DM or local operator DM would emphatically tell me what I would see and what to shoot (between wide angle and macro), and in every case, the dive turned out to showcase the opposite of what they had recommended.

If I ever returned to the area, it would be to Nuku Hiva (of the Marquesas), where on one dive, I found a variety of species, including Lysmata amboinensis cleaner shrimp with eels, dragon morays, pipefish, dragonets, lionfish, scorpionfish, octopus, and all manner of gobies and blennies...this being just a single dive. Of course, this was when w/a was recommended. Next time, perhaps...

As a result, I have, for the first time, intermixed the diving and topside photography. Hope no one minds :lol: . And sorry for the plethora of anemonefish... :lol:

Enjoy.

I only had the chance to make five dives, and in every one, the divemaster believed that everyone would see more by swimming faster...

~Matt Segal

Ooopsssss!!! Did i forget to mention that about the french!?! so sorry.... :lol:

Wonder if you had Pierre as a guide (Eric will know what i am talking about) :lol:

Great stuff Matt.

What islands did you dive in the Tuamotu?

That is a killer topside pic - just awesome. The gallery is top shelf too. - Saw your stuff in the Sunburst forum they were well done also.

Sponsors

Advertisements