Sign in to follow this  
petr

Ikelite D70 TTL housing

Hello,

I still have some strange behaviour of Ike housing for D70 with the TTL circuit. In the TTL mode it seems to work fine, but in the manual mode, I shoot the most often, I have problem with the displaying the pictures after the shot. Sometimes (not really sometimes - almost every shot) it just doesn't show the picture...... I don't have the same problem in TTL mode. Is possible to bypass somehow the TTL cicuit or turn it off? I don't realy need the TTL option anyway, so I can live without.

Thanks.

It should not matter what flash mode you are in. I will try mine today and see if it does. In the meantime, remember that even when the image shows in the LCD, a half press of the shutter release will turn it off. So if you set up for the next shot, but then don't take it, half pressing will turn the LCD off.

If you want to bypass the TTL circuitry, you can simply cover the front righthand pin on the camera hotshoe (when looking from behind the camera) with duct tape. I had an issue with my Inon D2000w strobes and the D100, where the strobes wouldn't fire. Covering this pin solved the problem.

Like Peter, though, I doubt this procedure will solve your problem, but good luck anyway!

Mat

Peter,

I'm sure I don't tuch any other buttons when I wannt to see the picture on the LCD. I can't even display it from the memory later. I know from the previous dives that I can't tuch the shutter and watch the picture on the LCD. It is difficult with thick gloves but I'm careful to do it. I will cover the pin on the hot shoe and will see. I don't have any problems with the camera above, so the camera works fine. The problem is somewhere else. Ike told me last time to set the meter off time to 4s. It helped to the possibility to switch from the TTL to Manual mode but there is still something else..... Will see next dive.

Make sure that your shutter lever isn't keeping pressure on the shutter button after you take a shot...sometimes the return spring doesn't back it off enough

Karl

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements