Sign in to follow this  
Alaskatraveler

Indonesia in December?

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are hoping to plan a trip to Lembeh Straits and Raja Ampat next December/January. Does the monsoon season preclude travel to these areas during this timeframe? I have heard mixed reports. We are hoping to spend 5 days at a resort in Lembeh Straits and then a 12 day liveaboard in Raja Ampat. Unfortunatly, we don't have alot of flexability. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. We can handle rain showers but might think twice if the visability and/or sea conditions would be poor.

Thanks again.

You can dive both locations in December. No issues there. However, do not expect fantastic visibility in Lembeh Straits. Most of the year, visibility is rather limited, but the dives are awesome.

Cheers,

Mat

Hi Alsaka

Yep, I agree with Mat. I did Bunaken a month ago (I was working in Indonesia for a few weeks) and it was pretty darned good - if the viz was not especially fantastic. I'm currently en route to KBR so can let you know about that soon.

We were at Wakatobi this past Dec 2-10, vis was good, no rain until the day we flew out.

Doug

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements