Sign in to follow this  
CeeDave

Shots from Belize, Jan 06

Hello all,

Spent last week on the Belize Aggressor (26 dives!). My main photo goals were to get a bit better with the 10.5, learn to use the 105 underwater, and try out the Magic Filters on the 16. This was only my third trip with the d70, so I still have a LOT to learn.

Averaged almost one memorable shot per dive...not bad, for me.

I've only been back a 2 days -- the gallery at this link is (I confess) banged together quickly with minimal editing. Thanks for looking; comments welcomed.

Chris aka CeeDave

Edited by CeeDave

A small world it is. I spent last week on the Nekton Pilot and saw the Aggressor nearby several times during the week.

Chris, a very nice collection of shots....I especially like the perspective of the flounder shot....your WA's were well exposed also

Karl

TheQ and Karl,

Yeah, all the dive boats do pretty much the same circuit, depending on wind. Saw you guys over on the Nekton, and the Sun Dancer, pretty much all week. Expecially at the S end of Lighthouse, the dayboats came and went, too -- even one small cruise ship!

Karl, thanks for the comment. I am working on getting interesting perspectives to spice up my shots. For WA exposure, I am very reliant on repeat shots and the histogram (or sometimes highlight view) on the lcd -- I probably shot at least 8 or 10 to get the sun dapples (or whatever we are calling them this week) and the red rope sponges in the foreground to be reasonably exposed -- the d70's high-speed sync was very nice on that shot!.

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris, Caroline (british video girl) still working on the boat?

Fantastic blues on those magic filter shots and a great job on really getting in tight on on the fish portraits. Nice!

the flounder was a 15mm!?!?!?! Big freakin flounder......

Mike:

I think Caroline is now in Belize. I was on the Belize Aggressor a little over a year ago and the photo pro was a Caroline who used to be on the Palau Aggressor.

Doug

Hey Chris,  Caroline (british video girl) still working on the boat?

Fantastic blues on those magic filter shots and a great job on really getting in tight on on the fish portraits.  Nice!

the flounder was a 15mm!?!?!?!  Big freakin flounder......

I have gotten so many good ideas from this forum ... and I am finally beginning to put them to use! Thrilled with the 105, and the magic filters.

Yeah, I saw that error on the flounder shot and just now fixed it...it was (as you so easily detected!) a 105, not a 15. Shows the importance of that old place-holding zero...

Caroline was not on the boat -- photos taken by Capt. Dan and DM Nadia, video by DM Raul...

Chris

Edited by CeeDave

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements