Sign in to follow this  
azorean

Buying Ikelite in the EU

I live in portugal, we only have one ikelite dealer, anyone know how to order gear in the EU at good prices? From what I have seen the prices asked here are of the chart.

Thanks, Nuno.

I ordered my ikelite housing from BHphotovideo.com

I got stuck for VAT when it got in ireland, but it was still cheaper than anywhere in the EU

Sorry,

Forgot to say, I shipped it with UPS, and was here within 2 days, which is quicker than I could normally get something shipped locally in ireland

A few years ago I bought a Iki housing and flash etc from BHphotovideo.com. All the stuff came within a few days. Even counting UPS and VAT it was about 25% cheaper than anything I could find in Europe. That said VAT in Switzerland is only 7.5%.

A few months ago I replaced everything for a new Iki setup 20D housing secound flash, lenses etc. This time I arranged a day stop over in Singapore, prices where slightly higher than BHphotovideo, but no shipping and the VAT is refundable or not charged. Import duty is an optional extra, green or red chanel it is your choice :). Of course you would have to make a dive trip to Asia but if your are looking for an excuse...

In the last couple of years I was in the states few times for working purpose.

One of the surprising things I discover is that the connection flights of Continental are passing via 420 9th Avenue, NY

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements