mike frens

problem with DS 125 in full mode

Hello Everybody,

I follow an underwater photography course. One of our assignments was to shoot pictures at given distances and shutter speed. Flash in manual mode on 1/1, 1/2 and 1/4. For each mode we tried the different appertures.

My problem:

when shooting in TTL, 1/2, 1/4 the flash worked correctly. On 1/1 I see the flash go of, but the picture is dark (really dark, as in I cannot identify the subject). Am I doing something wrong or is the flash not ok?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Mike Frens.

What housing do you have? Does it have TTL electronics?

If your strobe is in manual( 1/2, 1/8, etc... thay are all manual modes )

Make sure your TTL circuitry in the housing is also in manual.

In my Ikelite, shooting with a CAnon 20D, if I select to fire the strobes in manual I have to switch the housing to manual otherwise the flash fires but does it out of sinc with the camera.

Hugo

Nothing wrong with the strobe. You have to turn your camera preflash off if you can.

What's happening now is that the preflash is triggering the strobe. In 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 power, the strobe recycles fast enough to flash again when the camera main flash fires. But at full strobe power, the strobe cannot recharge fast enough.

I am having the same problem. I have a 20D and a DS 125. How do I turn off the pre-flash on the 20D?

I have a set of LED's, which have a manual or TTL. TTL is selected, Do i need to change this?

YES put it on MANUAL

then you can use all your strobe settings or you can use the manual controller in the housing to fine tune your exposure

Craig

Hello,

some additional info. I have a D70 with the ikelite TTL housing. The camera is set on manual. And the TTL light is on on the back of the housing. Is this OK?

Mike.

Mike,

Yes it should be OK....camera in manual mode......With the TTL housing, your strobes should always be set to TTL......you can switch between manual strobes and TTL strobes with the buttons on the back

Karl

Sponsors

Advertisements