Sign in to follow this  
bacripe

Aquatica 5D housing

I have been awaiting the arrival of the Aquatica housing for the Canon 5D - I was told by an Aquatica rep that they are shipping in 2 weeks and are being painted early next week. Has there been any other information on this housing that I have missed? Prototype test perhaps? Thanks.

I have been awaiting the arrival of the Aquatica housing for the Canon 5D - I was told by an Aquatica rep that they are shipping in 2 weeks and are being painted early next week. Has there been any other information on this housing that I have missed? Prototype test perhaps? Thanks.

Blake told me "late January" a couple of months ago. I haven't followed it closely since I don't have a trip coming up soon.

We're being told that they'll arrive by the end of this month as well. The housing will use some of the new control and tray design ideas that were first used in the Nikon D2X housing.

I got this from Blake this morning:

"We will start shipping our 5d housing in about two weeks,and the retail price is $2199."

The Aquatica 5D will be similar in size and feel to the 20D and the Nikon D70. Lightweight, well balanced and will allow the use of all ports, extension rings and gears from current Aquatica digital housings.

Most important changes are internal with a new SLR saddle mount that slides on two solid rods.

No missalignments here. Proven on the D2x housing it works beautifully.

To confirm the news, yes. Shipping is due in two weeks.

Mauricio

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements