Claude

Hi all,

I had some time to spend on changing and updating my website: there's now an English version specially for you Guys :D

Look at www.aquatilia.com

I did that just before migrating to digital... soon!

Comments and suggestions are welcome (as well as 'English' corrections to be done :P ) !

Kind Regards,

Claude

It is a very idea to divide your images on the basis of colour, Claude.

Works very nicely on the site. I also really like the split levels - especially of your dog. I used to have a golden retriever, who was equally aquatic.

Alex

Hi Claude:

I really enjoyed your first Morey Eel in the brown section. It has a real "in your face" attitude about it that you just can not deny.

The first photo of the clown fish in the yellow section has a great interplay of shadows that I find particularly attactive.

Also like the photo of the Pike/Muskie in the green section. Makes me anticipate my next encounter with one in some of the northern lakes around here in Canada.

Keep up the good work!

I found out for 5 minutes that the 'blue section' wasn't activated - It's now corrected !

Anyway, thanks for your comments ! :P

I think it is a great site - Overall I think 90% of the images are fantastic to exceptional. A couple wide angle shots were not up to par as most of the other pics, one lighted a little off (large fan) and a small school of some kind of striped angel fish seemed really out of focus. I would consider removing those, it makes the rest of them that much stronger. (lower quanitity, higher quality) As most of the pics are of publishable quality it would be better to take the weaker ones out in case someone is interested in buying some or directed to the site to hire you.

Great Stuff

-Steve

Beautiful photos, well presented. I am inspired.

Great idea for a website ...

color seems to be a fashion right now ..

http://krazydad.com/colrpickr/ ... like that .. view your flickr photos by colour !!

Alex : my Golden Retriever - Jorj - is very very very aquatic : he likes apneas - and is used to be fully underwater during 10 to 15 seconds... just to catch a stone (see attached picture - think he was a fish in a other life) :D

Poliwog : what’s un “Pike/Muskie†? :)

Photobeat : thanks for your suggestions… I think you’re right about the 2 pictures – I removed it! :)

All: thanks/merci for your comments! :)

Claude

post-1487-1138353488_thumb.jpg

The sixth image of the fish in the green section.

Pike/Muskie is a vernacular expression used in place of Muskellunge. Fishbase.org has a listing or two for them. The species name is “Esox masquinongyâ€. Pike quickly translates to "Brochet" when using the language tools at Google.com. Muskellunge does not translate when using the tools. Pike is a closely related fish in appearance to Muskellunge and I have a great deal of difficulty telling the difference between the two.

The image reminds me of a dive I did on a wooden sailing ship shipwreck in the St. Lawrence River near Brockville Ontario. The Muskellunge on the wreck was quite large and had a Sea Lamprey attached to the side of it. I wanted to try to remove the Lamprey, but sadly, the fish remained just a few inches out side of my grasp and would never let me approach any closer to it.

Great images Claude, keep up the good work.

Okayyyyy... "Le Brochet" !

The biggest I saw here made me a bit anxious - he was about 3 feets long... and the smallest is on the attached picture :)

Thanks for feedback..

Claude

Sponsors

Advertisements