james

1DmkII or 5D

Eric,

Yeah, the 1D body style hasn't changed. All the +'s you mentioned are what makes these sell and work for you and many others. You're right about what makes it THE camera for you.......

I KNOW Perrine at least has a Canon 5D since I've seen photos of him using it in the water. Maybe not Watt or Masa who you know well or other Canon shooters. So I stand corrected......

Everyone of us will justify our choices and that's fine...As I tried to summarize, shoot what you want and make pictures :angry:

dhaas

I KNOW Perrine at least has a Canon 5D since I've seen photos of him using it in the water. Maybe not Watt or Masa who you know well or other Canon shooters. So I stand corrected......

I do agree that the 5D body style is the natural choice for underwater photography because of its size (in the Canon line, I mean). I wish I could shoot 1D-series topside and 5D underwater, but at current prices and airline restrictions, there is just no way to travel with both, and to have backups...

After standing in the rain for a while to give the crew my bags, I carried my 1DmkII onto the helicopter last week in the middle of a blinding rainstorm. I wasn't worried, and I just wiped it down w/ my vest when I got on-board.

Now taking off in an S92 in a blinding rainstorm - I was a bit worried about that. The S92 is the civilian version of the Blackhawk.

James

post-21-1139255118_thumb.jpg

Now taking off in an S92 in a blinding rainstorm - I was a bit worried about that.

Obviously you were worrying that you hadn't taken enough pictures of said blinding rainstorm :angry:

~Matt Segal

Sponsors

Advertisements