Sign in to follow this  
edwin_sn

sealife SL960D strobe

SL960D Underwater Strobe with Variable Power Control for Digital and Film Cameras - Rated up to 200'...

i know i'm supposed to ask for feedback from users of this strobe before buying it, but i just clicked on the checkout button at B&Hphoto and i am eagerly waiting for this strobe to arrive so i can use it with my pentax optio S5i with pentax housing. :D:D;);)

does anybody have any experience with this strobe? i cant seem to find much reviews on this particular model. i'd like to know so i'll know what to expect from this strobe. at least your feedback will either make me more excited while waiting for it and at least it will also help me not to expect so much from it before i use it if ever it has flaws. thanks all in advance.

edwin

This low price flash with a flexible arm also peaked my interest as a slave strobe. Since I believe it come with the fiber optic as well as a low price its hard to beat when you're just starting out. The only reason I didn't jump was due to the lack of specifications that were available on it whereas on other strobes you could find websites like this one.

http://www.digitaldiver.net/strobes.php

I did find another poster who purchased the flash with the camera and stated the way the fiber optic cable hooked up was not ideal. I will be interested in any feedback you have after taking a few photos. Later,

Gary

On 30 January, SeaLife added some extra updates for the DC500 camera and Digital Strobe here:

Digital Camera Updates

I've had some folks who had issues with their camera/strobe, and after reading these updates solved their own problems.

Colin.

this flash is considerably good for its price. i am new to underwater photography and i'm still learning.

some of my first few underwater shots with this flash using my pentax optioS5i

IMGP1926a.jpg

IMGP1833a.jpg

heres a couple of shots i got this afternoon practicing underwater photography :P

with this strobe and my pentax optioS5i

IMGP2078.jpg

IMGP2080.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements