Sign in to follow this  
Esquo

Compatibility YS-60TTL/S

Hi, I want to upgrade to the Nikon D200 and plan on getting the Ikelite housing. I currently have a ys-60ttl/s strobe an I was wondering if it could be used with the new system, or do i have to buy a new strobe?? :angry:

Hello,

That is the 60 made specifically for the 4-pin Sea and Sync cord I believe.

You can use it as a manual strobe wired to your (yet still mythical) D200 housing. You'll need to block all of the pins on the housing's hotshoe except for the fire and the ground. I think those are the center pin and the outside silver rails.

Then you can set the power manually on the strobe, and it will fire when you take a photo, but it won't be TTL and you need to make sure you shutterspeed doesn't go over the maximum sync speed of the D200

Cheers

James

It actually could be either the 4 Pin Sea & Sea type or the 5 Pin Nikonos type. There are many, many YS-60/S strobes out there that have been converted to the Nikonos 5 Pin type by service centers or by Tabata USA. In fact we have quite a few of them in stock.

So... If you have the 5 Pin cord on your strobe then it can be used with a Nikon D200 in Manual Mode or in TTL mode if there is conversion circuitry in the housing.

I have a 4 pin set up. So I suppose the best thing to do is upgrade to a new strobe if I want TTL. Thanks for the advice

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements