Sign in to follow this  
Dgephri

leaving F707 and moving to Sony P-200

I started with a Sony F707 5.2MP for all the adjustability, but after diving with the Ikelight housing for 2 years (now nicknamed "my breadbox") I decided to move down in size, up in resolution, and increase my portability.

I picked up a Sony P-200 for the travel portability, still used Memory sticks, and Ikelight made a smaller housing for it.

I hope soon to go on my first dive with the P-200 rig attached to a DS-50 and wireless strobe relay.

What manual settings should I start with F/WB/shutter, etc? Say on a warm water 50ft dive? I know things need to be adjusted depending on your subject...but I always got washed out colors/incorrect TTL exposure or hotspots with my F707 rig.

Hi, sorry that this is a week's delay.

To answer your question about settings, you don't really change anything. The P200 is an auto-only camera. I think you'll be making most adjustments with the strobe, not the camera.

It's not full manual but you have A & S priority modes. No custom white balance. What you could try is Fmax @ Aperture priority for macro shots and 1/100 speed @ shutter priority for fast moving subjects.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements