KarstenMoran

Digital into Film Housing

Silly little question...

I searched the forums, but couldn't find an answer so I thought I would ask: I used to own an Ikelite housing for my N70, which I loved very dearly, :P but since moving over to digital, I am housing-less. Not only that, but I am also quite poor and cannot afford a digital SLR housing. :angry: So, to the question: assuming I don't need access to any controls aside from the shutter release, will my D100 fit into any film camera housings? Aquatica N90 housing is reportedly similar?

thanks,

Karsten

P.S. otherwise, will do graphic design work for camera equipment. :lol:

Based on the current market, you can get a used D100 housing for way less than $1,000

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

Cheers

James

The answer is simply NO

the D100 is based on the F80, I have an NX-80 housing, it simply will not fit in, the body on the D100 is much taller.

however, of no use to you i can get my D100 into my D70 housing, and work most of the functions, enought to finish a shoot with anyhow.

you may well find that it could fit an ikelite housing for the F80, but as james said, you can pickup a used D100 housing for the same cost as a F80 housing.

and you will need to address the hotshoe in the F80 as all five wires are connect to the bulkhead, the D100 will lock up with that connected, simple to address though.

regards

craig

Hey Karsten,

some folks have modified housings for the nikon F4, to fit in a D100. Here's a link to a site that shows one of these housings modified:

http://www.hleijnse.nl/gereedschap/gereedschap.htm

its in Dutch, but I guess some translation will work :angry: Guess u can pick up these F4 housings pretty cheap.

greetings,

Robin

Hi,

Not about D-100 but, D-200 maybe fit into some (not all) F-100 housing.

More on DIY forum.

Sam

Where can you find a D100 housing for way less than $1,000? My husband is interested in a temporary solution until he can upgrade his camera - and doesn't want to spend too much on a housing until he does...

Based on the current market, you can get a used D100 housing for way less than $1,000

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.

Cheers

James

Aer11

This thread is 3 years old. You can search the WP classifieds for possible sales. He may even pick up a D200 for that price now.

Where can you find a D100 housing for way less than $1,000? My husband is interested in a temporary solution until he can upgrade his camera - and doesn't want to spend too much on a housing until he does...

I recently bought an Aquatica D100 housing with dome port and D100 housing for $1100. I bought it here off the classified forum. If you would settle for an Ikelite housing you can get a similar set up for "way less". With patience and a bit of luck i'm sure a similar set up will come up for sale soon.

Thanks! I didn't realize the thread was so old :)

I will post a WTB on the classifieds!

I recently bought an Aquatica D100 housing with dome port and D100 housing for $1100. I bought it here off the classified forum. If you would settle for an Ikelite housing you can get a similar set up for "way less". With patience and a bit of luck i'm sure a similar set up will come up for sale soon.

Sponsors

Advertisements