shchae

Nikon D-200 vs. F-100

HI,

Please, look at what i found so far....

Sam

post-815-1139544002_thumb.jpg

It is fully into my old F-100 Nexus housing. Front dial is exactly in line with knob.

On/Off will work. Two botten will work. Basically O.K. with Fornt side of Housing

I may need to make new base plate. I am going to talk with my machinist next week.

post-815-1139544418_thumb.jpg

Good thing about using Nexus housing is it has half clear back. the picture shows lens & bottens but, I also, have BASIC plate (just simple clear plastic).

Only think I may not get is Focusing dial.

Look very promising project. If somebody has better idea or suggestion, please, advise.

Sam

post-815-1139544715_thumb.jpg

Hi Sam,

One other thing to check is that the lens is in the middle of the port - otherwise your wide angle optics will be unreliable.

Alex

Alex,

Thank you. I noticed that too. I am in process of making new base plate for camera & it looks camera seats in center-middle of the port.

Camera is now fully inside housing & I closed back cover. I still need to adjust few things. I think I can use this housing at least until D-200 housings are fully available in market. We will see how it go.

Sam

Congrats Sam.....kind of your way of "sticking it to the man" :unsure::o:huh::(

Karl

Good job Sam! Please post some more photos as soon as you have it complete.

PS, billionfish has a Seacam F100 housing for sale...:-)

Cheers

James

Good job Sam!  Please post some more photos as soon as you have it complete.

PS, billionfish has a Seacam F100 housing for sale...:-)

Cheers

James

If it doesn't sell I may well try the same thing - maybe we can get the housing maunufacterers to make a D200 back for F100 housings :unsure:

Steve,

Your Seacam housing isn't as well-suited as the Nexus. The clear back on the Nexus makes it super-easy and the 4button controller is right there so you can see if it lines up or not.

On the other hand, you can probably get a machine ship to cut a profile for an LCD window on the back with a 1/16" inch backing to fit it in. In any case, good luck!

Cheers

James

James,

I have one from Stephen Frink & second one purchased from Mike Mesgleski at Jim Church photo. I like F100 & Seacam housing but, have enough for right now ^^

Sam

Any thoughts on doing this with an Ikelite f100 housing? Big clear rig... with a clear back...

cheers,

Karsten

Hmm.. is this possible in a Sea & Sea Housing?

sam,

what controls do you maitain, how's the viewfinder alignment.

every now and then i think about putting anything Nikon Dslr into my Nexus 8008 housing. As I shoot manual only I will only need controls for shutter, aperture, maybe white balance and perhaps on/off.

And of course lens alignment with the port.

Mary

Sponsors

Advertisements