Sign in to follow this  
jav777

what should i have done different

a couple of shot s i took on the bow of the HMAS swan in dunsbourough western australia at 20m.

post-5852-1139902376_thumb.jpg

iso 100 1/90 f4.0

post-5852-1139902408_thumb.jpg

iso 100 1/90 f6.7

how can i fix these shots??

should i have probably used some strobe to light the foreground??

Not sure why you really want to fix them, compositionally they are not all that exciting. The picture really needs a diver in the backgroud maybe holding a light or a good size fish on the wreck. Since there wasn't a diver avail or some fish a shot of a better section of the wreck might be more interesting like the bow or a full shot of the wreck if possibe. Something that you can see as the main subject in the picture with some impact. This just looks like a part of a wreck.

Anyway to improve this is a 5 second deal - 1. Select Auto levels in photshop 2. Select channel mixer, slide the red to the center. A little sharpening in the filter menu might help also.

post-5493-1139965868_thumb.jpg

yer, my dive buddy was running low on air so left before i could have used him in the shot. thanks for the advice thou.

I'm jealous - I didn't get nice blue water when I dived the Swan a few years back :D

If you don't have a model (or like mine they took up photography too) then use angles, shapes, and light to make the pics more interesting. For example you may have shot this from the outside of the boat and used the deck to create a strong angle. This would have let you shoot up also, which can give you sunburst or sun rays in the blue.

HTH

Lndr

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements