Alex_Mustard

Woof Woof!

The results from a rather unusual shoot dropped through my letterbox this morning.

The Magazine is called Petpatter and I was asked to do a shoot for it of dogs in a hydrotherapy pool for an article.

woof.jpg

So come on then. I am ready. Let's hear your best gags!

Alex Woof Woof Mustard

Dog gone it those are good pictures! :D

The models in the UK are dogs man! :o

Congrats none the less

Todd

damn it todd took all the good ones ..

but those are the dogs bo**ox

I didn't think you're D2X came witha 'Dog' setting ... you must have shot this with the S3 Nikon in 'Pet Portrait' mode

Well, at least this is one model who won't slap you for petting her....

:D

The best comment I can come up with is this.......

Not only does the Musstard man have a keen eye for composition, but his photos do something we all could (and should!) keep trying to achieve in our photographs. They tell a story! Each and evey one has elements that evoke emotion, action, humor, etc.

Isn't this what a photograph is supposed to do? Affect the viewer? Make them laugh, cry, get angry, etc.?

I also think the lesson from Lex's pictures is, if you want to improve your UW photography, shoot anything and everything possible....It will make you learn to "see" no matter your choice of wide angle, macro or telephoto lenses. Plus improve instinctual camera handling.....

Man oh man do I wish I could've got this type of gig!! Plus if you are an animal lover it looks like it was great fun :D

dhaas

Did you have a jar of peanut butter with you too? :o  :D  :D  :o

;);):lol::lol::lol:

You crack me up Joe!

Ha ha guys!

I can assure you that this was anything but glamorous. The pool was full of dog hair, and even though the dogs were very friendly on land they really weren't very happy about swimming with a person. In the end I decided not to wear a facemask - as it made the dogs more relaxed.

The biggest problem was lighting. These sort of shots are easy in bright ambient light, but there was no useful ambient light at all. The way to do a shoot like this would be to illuminate the pool with studio lights (but this would be expensive and dangerous - there was lots of splashing!). So these split levels are lit entirely with strobes. If you want to have a go - get in a pool at night and try and shoot split levels lit only with your strobes! In the end I had the strobes pointing directly up and was bouncing the light off the ceiling of the room.

Moaning aside it was a great laugh. And only took a couple of hours, and is much funnier story for the pub than the standard shark tales!

Alex

Moaning aside it was a great laugh. And only took a couple of hours, and is much funnier story for the pub than the standard shark tales!
you have shark tales ?

And as men we all know that talking about, is the important thing. :D

-As long as they kept their "paws" of the D2X

-Did you get a free flea bath, or wear a wetsuit? :D

-Do we call these the "Roll" Over and Under shots" ;)I just kill myself :o

I like how they didn't look right at the camera - great lighting job. Can't imagine getting a gig like this but we all know how to try and light it now.

-Steve

Caption for last photo:

"The legless woman watched is awe as the giant dog swam past"

Or for all:

"Steriods abuse was obvious in the Russian womens olympic swim team"

Or:

"Irelands aquatic sniffer dogs proved useless"

Last but not least:

"The dogs annual charity relay failed as the water was to RUFF !!"

Dive safe

DeanB :)

Sponsors