denny

D70/D70s Batteries

There may be an obvious answer here, but are the EN-EL3 and EL3e interchangeable between cameras and chargers??

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure about chargers, but I wouldn't mix them up until you know for sure.

I do know that you can not use the EL3 in a D200. However, I think you can use the EL3e in a D70.

I have test it and this is what i know

You can use EL3e in a D70

You cant charge a EL3 on a EL3e charger (as is come with the Nikon d70s) i have thry it and the battert is loading and loading for days

The EL3e will work with the Nikon d200

Lambis

Nikon page says the EL3, EL3a & EL3e are interchangeable. I didn't see a mention of not being able to use the same charger. So the EL3e will charge on the EL3 charger but not the EL3 on the EL3e charger? My replacement batteries were EL3a which can be charged on my original MH18 charger or MH18a.

The EL3a/e are 1500 mah vs 1400 for the EL3.

I have concluded the following both from the documentation and by use:

1. The grey EL3e battery can only be used in the D200 as it has electronics which feedback detailed info on battery levels, number of charges etc. to the D200.

2. The EL3a replaced the EL3 (both black) for use with the D70 and D70S. Neither of these batteries can be used in the D200 as they do not have the required circuitry.

3. All three batteries can be charged on either the MH18 charger, supplied with the D70, or the MH18a charger supplied with the D200.

This means that you can carry a single charger for all three battery types.

Cheers,

Colin

Sponsors

Advertisements