Sign in to follow this  
stevepr

Thread specification for Nikonos Connector

Anybody know the technical specifications for the standard Nikonos strobe connector? Looks like a 12mm dia, 1mm pitch, but I'm not sure that the design wasn't more influenced by US specs in which case it's probably some wierd (at least to me) UNF thread!

Need to build some special adaptors to support optical connections through a solid metal housing.

Thanks in advance

HI ,

it is a metric thread M 14 x 1 mm OK you want to fire an optical triggert strobe trough a non transparent housing ....it will be easyer to put in a PMMA or a PC part into the housing direktly in front of the internal strobe and connect it with a TOS link cable ......the advantage ist you have a wet plug ......

Just a other solution I have done last week : a carbon resin housing ( BS kinetics ) for a Nikon 5000 with a Nikonos 5 socket I solderd a

special milled Heinrichs Digital Adapter direktly to the socket wires so you can connect any strobe compatible with the flash protokoll to the bulkhead socket.....

just like the ROV from Tetra but with less kosts ...

Michael

Hi all!

I need to know the threads on the other end, the Strobe-side. I need to make new plugs there to seal the storobes while they are used as optical slaves.

Any Ideas, should also be metric then perhaps?

Cheers

Oskar

HI ,

it is a metric thread M 14 x 1 mm OK you want to fire an optical triggert strobe trough a non transparent housing ....it will be easyer to put in a PMMA or a PC part into the housing direktly in front of the internal strobe and connect it with a TOS link cable ......the advantage ist you have a wet plug

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements