Sign in to follow this  
ce4jesus

16mm Sea and Sea WA lens

just curious if anyone has tried to adapt this wet conversion lens to their point and shoot housing and what kind of results they got.

Thanks,

Gary

Contact Dave Marsh at UW Photo Tech, S&S makes adaptor rings and Dave can machine the rings to fit P&S housings.

stu

Actually, Sea&Sea themselves produce adapter rings for P&S cameras (or at least they used to). I've used the Sea&Sea 16mm and 2T lenses with various P&S cameras a few years ago. The angle of coverage and depth of field are great, but you get a bit of vignetting with the 16mm on some camera models.

Hello,

Someone on ebay sells new sea&sea conversion lens adapters for canon WP-DC100 & WP-DC200 housings. I've bought one for $20 with a direct offer and it just fits my WP-DC30 housing. I've just had to drill a hole in the adapter and unscrew the flash diffuser. Right now I am waiting for a 1:2 macro lens + 20mm wa lens that I bought on ebay too for less than $200. I will post some pics as it's complete.

bye

Contact Dave Marsh at UW Photo Tech, S&S makes adaptor rings and Dave can machine the rings to fit P&S housings. stu

As Stu mentions we can machine the S&S adapter ring to allow you to use the this lens with many housings. Send me a PM with your housing model and I can let you know if it's possible and give you a price.

Hi Gary,

The S & S 16mm WA lens has been used on the PT-030 with a 52-58 clamp on S & S adaptor for the 67 mm thread on the Nikonos V type lens.

http://www.digitaldiver.net/yabbse/i...418;st art=15

Additional note: latest word from Ryan is that Inon will show it's PT-030 adaptor in the next couple of days and have it available in April sometime for macro, wide (105 degree UWL165) and semi fisheye lenses. This will be bayonet type with a short twist on and off.

Well I couldn't resist the price I paid on the Sea&Sea 16mm so I went ahead and purchased it. I had to urgently grab whatever stepper rings I could find on the market to go from 58mm down to the 46mm on the PT-030 housing. This included 3 steps. While this is not ideal it worked in a pinch. The vingetting was expected but I was surprised to see how well it worked even with 3 stepper rings. When I eliminate two of them, it should work even better. I've only experimented with it inside the swimming pool but the results have been great. I'm very happy with it.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements