Please pay to our Account-Nr.: Volksbank Schupbach

BLZ: 51191800, Kto:1132016

IBAN: DE17511918000001132016

BIC: GENODE51SBH

Best regards

UK - GERMANY

UNDERWATERPHOTOTECHNIC

That does that mean? Wire transfer?

I believe it’s a direct deposit in this persons bank account.

Your bank transfers the money directly into his account.

Marc

Wiring money saves an enormous amount of time: Out of yours into theirs and visa versa. You just direct your bank to transfer the said funds into the account at the address disclosed

Its wire transfer, as it said before is comfortable and quick.

The problem with that is that banks usually take high commission on it.

Which is probably what his bank will charge him to deposit the cheque, so he may send it back!

This is why the UK needs to join the Euro.

I get the impression that it was a GBP cheque, in which case the German bank will charge a fat fee to clear it.

You can't win:

* The home bank charges a hefty fee for bank drafts

* The foreign bank charges a hefty fee to clear foreign (GBP) cheques

* Telegraphic transfer fees are high.

* The foreign bank will charge the vendor 5% for credit card use, and the purchaser will take a hit on the exchange rate used by the local bank.

But I think that credit cards really work best nowadays! Just make sure that the security is OK.

Eric lives in California!

I regularly transfer £K's from my UK accounts to accounts abroad - I get charged about £20 per transaction.

eg. I sent £34,000 to an account in Dubai (In Dirums) to pay for a new car - Cost for transaction £20.00. Everything done on the internet whilst I was in transit between Seychelles & Kenya.

Yes, but the GBP20 is normally a flat rate, and for a large transaction this is fine. But to buy widgets from some online store it is just too expensive.

But I agree that it works well.

And postal costs are often a more irritating factor than bank costs. For me to order stuff from the USA the postal costs are prohibitive - I live in South Africa!

I do have the problem that hi-tech items are not always available here, or are prohibitively expensive. And to get them from overseas you have bank costs, transport costs and import duties :) .

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements