Sign in to follow this  
Geo1140

Question on Ikelite ports

Is there any disadvantage to using a Ike 8" dome for the lens other than Macro Lens.

My thinking was to get a 8" and use it for Nike 18-70, Sigma 15FE, and other lens I will get...( The 8" is not the recomended dome to use with the 18-70 as per the Ike Port list)

That way I will only be packing 1 Dome and another Dome Body to fit the other lens

Thanks Geo

You will need a flat port for the macro lens. The 8'' dome is only recommended for wide angle lenses (10.5, 15, 16, etc). I don't think the 18-70 can be used with the same 8'' dome as the 15, the extensions are different and as far as I know you can't change them on Ikelite ports.

Luiz

The port list says you can use it and you can change the extentions on the 8" #5510.81 port ....My question was is there any disadvantage to using the 8" on the 18- 70 as opposed to using the 6" dome#5503.55

If it works as good as the 6", I can buy the 8" and use it for my Sigma 15 with a different extention and I will only be packing 1 dome and the extentions rather than packing 2 seperate and complete ports

Thanks

Geo

From looking at the chart the 8" is good for a lot of other lens also

Maybe the Ike man can awnser this one

I plan on using the 8" port with various length stalks for my 10.5, 15, 12-24 and 17-35.

IMHO, the 8" dome will be better for the 18-70. I have already used it with the 12-24 and the 15 and can say that I'm getting sharper corners than before.

Karl

That's great news. I didn't know you could change extension rings in the Ikelite system, it is great that now they are adopting this system. It certainly saves a lot of space in the luggage.

Luiz

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements