Sign in to follow this  
Marjo

Sailing to Galapagos

I am so excited... yesterday, ordinary boring Thursday late afternoon fixing someones laptop in dankky puter dungeon...phone rings and Captain Clever tells me "get your butt to Panama ASAP, were going sailing to and diving Galapagos..." Who could refuse such an offer? Scramble around to all my friends house for gear, a safety sausage here, a 7mm fullsuit there... gosh I love my friends! On our little island it is hard to find endive salad or cardamon when you need to cook, but hey..need to put together a full komando dive kit in an hour? No problem! Anyway, if anyone happend to be out there in the next two weeks... let me know. Will be checking forum as connection allows. Yeah! I am so excited!

Hey Marjo,

Congratulations, I'll also be in the Galapagos March 16 - April 8. Yeh there's always extra dive gear available on St Croix, but a 7mm suit that fits? How lucky can you be.

Best Wishes

Doug Kaufman

(formerly of St Croix & St Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures)

Hi Doug! Yup, lucky, of course it helps that CRABBS (our local dive club) made Galapagos trip a few months ago... Very cool that you are there, are you on a liveaboard? Which one? I will look out for you! I am in Miami, enroute to Panama, will proably sail out in a day or two, first go to Perlas, then Galapagos. Went to see Molly at Scuba this morning for last minute loose ends, this

is funny, I have another friend from STX who is in Galapagos right now as well, just by cooincidence... Don't know if you remeber me, but we met at the Diverse Virgin booth at DEMA in october...(I'm the short blond scandinavian handing out Cruzan Rum :blink: )

Hi Marjo,

We'll be Peter Hughes Sky Dancer March 16-26, at the Silberstein Hotel in Puerto Ayora March 16-April1, and on Lindblad's Polaris April 1-8.

Sailing to the islands sounds like such a great adventure, I hope you have a great time. Yes I remember you from Dema, but I thought Ed drank all the Rum. Dan and Gale McDaid from Scuba Shak were in Galapagos last year on Lammer Law I think, said it was phenominal.

Best Wishes and good sailing,

Doug

Oi, am in Panama now, met up with my friend Capain Clever who invited me and the really great skipper and his grlfrend, they ar great. The boat is fantastic, outstanding... actually (yeah, I know, spoke like a true traitior) I am more excited about the sailing than the diving right now. Tried to shoot boat in the marina with an 18mm lens just a while ago... no possibile, have to go switch to 10mmm... these things have helicpoters on the sterns... good toys... We´re sailing to Perlas Islands tomorrow be there a bit and then on to G´pagos. Won´t post any pix yet, this trip happened so suddently I didn´t even have a chanse to put PShop on the little laptop I brought so will not do any processing until back home just save the files. Am finally taking IKE´s¨Da Biga Doma´for a dip in the water, first time out, should be excellent, hopefully some split shots of Perlas...

Thanks,

checking on internet and mail for the last time before heading out. Plans have changed, we will head straight for Galapagos, and skip Perlas, because were a bit late and we have 900 nautical miles to go. Have a bit of butterfiles right now... having last landbased meal in a few minutes and then packing it imn, sailing in the morning... 7-8-9 days to get there... Happy bubbles...

Io Doug nd others that might be around... Im In Puerto Ayora on anchor, on yacht Valtaire, blue sloop, diving at least wednesday thursday friday saturday...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements