Sign in to follow this  
NWDiver

How to clean 5pin sync cord contacts?

Sync cord stopped working and I think it is due to some corrosion on the contacts of the sync cord. Where it attaches to bulkhead. What is the best way to clean them?

I use this stuff at this website in a handy pen form

http://www.mgchemicals.com/products/801bp.html

Just press down on the tip as you wipe it across the contacts to control the flow of the pen. It takes a few moments for the cleaner to get to the pen tip when you first open and use it.

I thought my dive computer was going the way of the Dodo (big extinct Australian Bird), and used the cleaner on the battery contacts on my dive computer to bring it back to life. I now carry it everywhere in my Underwater Photo Save-a-dive kit.

I am not affiliated with the company. I just know it works for me.

Sync cord stopped working and I think it is due to some corrosion on the contacts of the sync cord.  Where it attach's to bulkhead.  What is the best way to clean them?

White vinegar on a q-tip to clean out the corrosion, let is soak for a while if necessary. Then follow up with denatured alcohol to clean out the white vinegar.

I thought my dive computer was going the way of the Dodo (big extinct Australian Bird)

Actually, the Dodo was an endemic bird of Mauritius, not Australia. ;)

It's extinct since the 17h century... :)

Thanks for the tips, I also needed it.

Few months ago I was in Mauritius, Its amazing that the main attraction on this island is something that dont exist more then 300 years :);)

I hope you got some dives in while you were there Arnon. The East and Southwest in particular have some very interesting dive sites...

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements