stone

Aquatica 5D, safe to use?

Hi

After 30 dives with my Aquatica 5D housing, I found some sand on the edges of the LCD screen window of the housing!

Is it safe to continue use this housing ?!! Is it normal?!

stone

please see the picture for reference.

IMG_2426s.jpg

I wouldn't have an problem with that! And I would certainly get back in the water. But it is your camera and it is up to you.

Housings usually flood through the main user changable O-rings - usually because they have not sealed properly when put together in a rush. Housings rarely flood through the non-user serviceable o rings round controls or window etc.

Alex

Hi,

The o-ring is on the backside of the LCD acrylic panel. So the sand got in the sides but I don't think it's a problem.

James

I tend to agree with what has been said above. However, it doesn't inspire confidence. And assuming it is all OK, how is it going to look if you ever want to sell it? I suppose it is possible to remove the screen and clean it up but really you shouldn't have to do this. I'm off to Bonaire with mine next week (first time it has been in the water) and there is plenty of sand there so I will be a little nervous about it!

I definitely think you should take it up with your dealer or direct with Blake at Aquatica for a direct response. I have found him very helpful.

Jim Greenfield

PS I have sent you a PM

Sponsors

Advertisements