aczyzyk

Suzanna Wreck

Noob question - whats the "magic filter?"

do you feel the filter helpled at 20 meters or so deep ?

the photo doesn't appear to show off much colour which is what filters are normaly used for.

also how many photos have you stiched together for the panorama? I have tried before and never got good results even on simple scenes.

Mostly interested to know how large the original panorama is. Some serious pixels i imagine.

Looks good though, I can hardly see any joins, maybe the fish on the right is the same one twice ?

Good work on putting it together.

Well, the scene was pretty monochromatic itself so the color is not obvious. But based on other shots I took, yes, it helps to get color at 20m. I got colorful divers (red and yellow cylinders) at Carnatic wreck (at around 20m) and even in the shadows of the wreck. I will post some samples of that later. Actually I took it to 35m at Rosalie M. wreck and I got some color too. I don't have much experience with digital cameras so I am not quite sure how that compares to just adjusting WB of a regular photo.

Damn fish. I shouted "Freeze!" but it wouldn't listen. Let's just pretend it's twins. Or should I crop it out?

I stiched together 7 vertical frames from 10.5m lens with DoubleTake 2.0 (very easy to use, gives great results and costed me something like $15 if I remember correctly). I had to crop out diver's shilouete which got masacred in the process. The "original" is 6466x2800 pixels.

Did you manually set the WB or did you have it on Auto?

I was shooting at auto, because the camera refused to set custom WB (I guess it was too dark). Than I adjusted WB manually when developing RAW files. I used a picture of grey fins taken at the same depth as a reference.

Sponsors

Advertisements